The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sex Pistols

+5
Discopants
Immortal
Alex
Sykesy
Bolty B
9 posters

Go down

The Sex Pistols Empty The Sex Pistols

Post by Bolty B Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:37 pm

IMO, one of the great punk bands. Man Sid may have sucked as a bass player, but then again, the whole band weren't great musicians.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 249
Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

The Sex Pistols Empty Re: The Sex Pistols

Post by Sykesy Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:38 pm

What sid Vicious is Considered the greatest Punk bass player of all time WTF? seriously..

anyway bout two days ago (lol) i really got into the sex pistols and yeah sex pistols were a great band, shame how sid died at 21 though. Brilliant band without a doubt
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:22 pm

I'm not even going to go in why I hate them. This band is everything they speak against.
Alex
Alex
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 43
Favourite bands/Artists: : Jeff Buckley, Iron Maiden, Death, Atheist, Leftover Crack, Operation Ivy, MIA, Mr. Bungle, Metallica, Slayer, Dissection, Kreator
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:34 am

The Sex Pistols are dated and their songs just seem so desperate futile attempts at being rebellious and cool. It was cool then but now, it's not. Their music hasn't stood the test of time.
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:27 pm

Shady wrote:The Sex Pistols are dated and their songs just seem so desperate futile attempts at being rebellious and cool. It was cool then but now, it's not. Their music hasn't stood the test of time.
No future, No future, No future for you!

No future for me

No future, No future, No future for you!

Razz
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 249
Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182

Back to top Go down

Post by Discopants Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Alex wrote:I'm not even going to go in why I hate them. This band is everything they speak against.

Precisely.
Discopants
Discopants
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:59 pm

just listen to them they suck the singers voice WTF i just want to blow my brains out when i hear him sing!!!!!!!
ubane
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazzeroo Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:18 am

They were pioneers in a new and exciting music culture. They were part of many bands that appeared in the late 70's and contributed significantly towards a music genre that still exists today and has evolved. That makes them an important band to me.

Bazzeroo
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-10

http://bazzeroo.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:49 am

The Sex Pistols are one of the major reason why we have punk bands like Green Day now. Their music kicked ass and they've influenced a lot of peope.
And all most of these punk bands today pale in comparison to the Sex Pistols

Sophie
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by NIRVANAPLAYER Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:50 am

Their not exactly my favorite band, but I like a few of thier songs. My favorite would have to be their cover of Frank Sinatras (I hope I spelled that right) "My way". They used the song at the end of the movie "Goodfellas" and I've liked the song ever since. But their other songs do seem like their trying too hard to sound rebelious, which can get a little anoying.
NIRVANAPLAYER
NIRVANAPLAYER
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 117
Favourite bands/Artists: : nirvana, slipknot, green day, stone sour, system of a down, scars on braudway, soundgarden, and a whole bunch more...
Registration date : 2008-10-01

https://www.youtube.com/IMABLEACHER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum