The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Country News

Go down

General Country News Empty General Country News

Post by Bek Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:51 am

Now, I know this forum hasn't been the most active, and I can't really say I'm surprised, but for those who are remotely interested, any country news I find, I'll post here

----

Source : CMT.com

Brooks, Yearwood Sing At Hall Of Fame

Jerry Douglas figured he’d shoot for the moon when he realized that he could bring whoever he wanted during his four concerts at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville. So his first call was to Garth Brooks — who immediately accepted. So did Trisha Yearwood. And their appearance together Tuesday night (Sept. 30) at the museum’s Ford Theater was one of the best-kept secrets in town. After playing a handful of familiar songs, backed by an incredibly talented band, Douglas exclaimed, “It’s just like karaoke with the real people!”

The music, of course, was phenomenal. With Douglas on Dobro and Yearwood on harmonies, Brooks sounded like a million bucks on “Don’t Cross the River” and “Callin’ Baton Rouge,” while longtime fans of Yearwood embraced her rendition of “The Nightingale.” Brooks told Douglas, “When we move here as hopeful musicians, we want to mean to our gift what you have come to mean to yours.” Just before singing a standout version of “Walkaway Joe,” Yearwood told Douglas, “When we recorded this song, I knew something magical was about to happen, and you were a huge, huge part of that.”

Despite such star power, the show was nearly stolen by New Grass Revival singer John Cowan’s rousing take on “A Good Woman’s Love.” People couldn’t get to their feet fast enough on the last big note. Irish singer Maura O’Connell also sent goosebumps up and down my arms when she delivered a passionate version of “Helpless Heart.” And you can’t deny the camaraderie between Douglas and his close friends, Tim O’Brien and Russ Barenberg. After nearly three hours of music, Douglas concluded the night by wishing that he could do 10 more of these shows. He’s not the only one.

General Country News 2hr0pvl

Photo by Donn Jones, courtesy of Country Music Hall of Fame.

----------

Source : blog.newsok.com

Oklahoma Country Stars Tell Stories Behind Their Big Breaks\

Oklahomans Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood, Toby Keith and Brooks & Dunn (which includes Tulsa-raised Ronnie Dunn) are among the country stars included in a Country Weekly cover story titled “My Big Break: 20 Twists of Fate That Led to Stardom.” The story is featured in the magazine’s Oct. 20 issue, on sale now.

According to a news release, Brooks’ break was a Nashville club showcase where the right person attended.

Underwood recalls for the magazine the day her mother, Carole, drove her to the “American Idol” auditions in St. Louis.

The Oct. 20 issue also includes information on Tishomingo neighbors and country music sweethearts Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert’s new co-headlining tour.

------

On that first article, congrats to Jerry on his concerts at the HOF, he's an amazingly talented guy, and with Garth & Trisha there, it would've been one heck of a show.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down