The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your First Gig...

+5
Kizza
sassymay
Bek
Sykesy
Discopants
9 posters

Go down

Your First Gig... Empty Your First Gig...

Post by Discopants Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:37 am

Spill the beans people. Tell us where, when and how good was it.

Mine was Motorhead in 2002 I think. They played Newcastle City Hall which is a fairly small venue which is great of course. Went with me Dad, was my birthday present that year. Was a fuckin good show and proper loud lol. Going to see them again in November too.
Discopants
Discopants
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Your First Gig... Empty Re: Your First Gig...

Post by Sykesy Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:42 am

My first concert was with U2 back in 2006. It was in November i think at telstra stadium and it was the best concert that i have ever been to after soundwave. Great lineup and the stadium went of.

BTW! Discopants i have seen motorhead 2 years in a row now. Not to sure if im going again next year but they are pretty good live
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:14 am

As sad as it is, it was Enrique Iglesias, when I was 12, and was still into the teeny bopper, pop stuff, Laughing

At the time I thought it was awesome, but looking back, I wouldn't go see him again, mainly for the fact that's not the type of music I'm into anymore.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by sassymay Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:59 am

my very first concert was the Goo Goo Dolls w/ Counting Crows and Eliot Morris (met him too, nice guy) on August 23rd, 2006. I won a meet n greet through the GGD fanclub and got to meet the band. Smile they're really nice guys. since then, I've seen the Goo Goo Dolls four more times, met them again, and I've also seen Daughtry (the show where the Home video was filmed, I went to that one), Puddle of Mudd(2x) and met them, Nickelback only once, unfortunately, they're so expensive!, Finger Eleven(w/Nickelback and POM), Lifehouse(2x), Eve6, part of Saving Abel, missed most of the show, Matt Nathanson, Colbie Caillat, HoneyHoney, Augustana, Copeland(met them too, they're nice people.).....I think that's about it... alot of these bands played shows together, I actually haven't been to that many shows...if I can remember correctly I've only been to 9 concerts since 2006.
sassymay
sassymay
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 28
Favourite bands/Artists: : Goo Goo Dolls, Nickelback, Nirvana, Lifehouse, The White Stripes, Puddle of Mudd
Registration date : 2008-10-03

http://www.myspace.com/sweetcharade0

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:03 am

I haven't been to a concert. Meaning to go to the Slipknot one, but I didn't have the money. I'm hoping to get a Soundwave ticket for my birthday though. That'll be my first. Maybe i'll even get a Big Day Out ticket just to go see Bullet For My Valentine, because the rest of that show is utter crap. Except Neil Young.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:14 am

Kizza wrote:I haven't been to a concert. Meaning to go to the Slipknot one, but I didn't have the money. I'm hoping to get a Soundwave ticket for my birthday though. That'll be my first. Maybe i'll even get a Big Day Out ticket just to go see Bullet For My Valentine, because the rest of that show is utter crap. Except Neil Young.

NO!! NO!! NO!!. Never ever go to a big day out trust me. Either your bored, you get drugged or get in a fight while listening to shitty music. Go to soundwave if any; the line up is magnificent lol:

Alice In Chains
Nine Inch Nails
Devil Driver
35 Crazy Fists
the list just goes on..
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:16 am

I was gonna go to both lol. Def soundwave, about 15 bands I'm interested in.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:19 am

Never been to a gig in my life. Drunken idiots, shit live performances...I'll just watch MTV.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 249
Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar666 Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:21 am

My first gig was Status Quo i was about 12 it was a pretty cool gig.

Guitar666
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by NIRVANAPLAYER Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Mine was slipknot about a month ago. It was pretty sweet. Hopefully I'll see green day after their new album comes out, and after they actually list the tour dates.
NIRVANAPLAYER
NIRVANAPLAYER
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 117
Favourite bands/Artists: : nirvana, slipknot, green day, stone sour, system of a down, scars on braudway, soundgarden, and a whole bunch more...
Registration date : 2008-10-01

https://www.youtube.com/IMABLEACHER

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Jovi #1 Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:30 am

My first concert was Kenny G/Toni Braxton in McNichols Sports Arena (no longer active) in 1997, my last 3 concerts were all Bon Jovi concerts; "Bounce" Tour 2003 Goo Goo Dolls were the Opening act, "Have a Nice Day" Tour 2007 some rookie band that won an Opening Act for Bon Jovi contest on Alice 105.9 played I don't remember who they were & the last one was 2008's "Lost Highway" Tour w/Daughtry as their opening act.

Bon Jovi #1
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 16
Favourite bands/Artists: : Bon Jovi, Jimi Hendrix, Garth Brooks, AC/DC, Metallica, Duffy, Guns 'n Roses, Hall & Oates, Foreigner, Aerosmith, Maroon 5, Daughtry, ZZ Top, Billy Joel, Def Leppard, P!nk, The Who, Neil Diamond, Lonstar, Pink Floyd
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum