The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinder

+4
Inah
BrianP
Bek
Sykesy
8 posters

Go down

Hinder Empty Hinder

Post by Sykesy Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:54 am

Hinder is an American band from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma that was formed in 2001 by drummer Cody Hanson, guitarist Joe Garvey, and Singer Austin Winkler. They released their first EP titled "Far From Close" on an independent record label, Brickden Records. It sold about 5,000 copies. The three members then began working on new material in 2004 for their next independent release. These demos caught the attention of several major record labels.

In April 2003, before making it big, Hinder entered the March Bandness contest for Clear Channel's 94.7 The Buzz in Oklahoma City. They made it to the Final Four out of a field of thirty-two, ultimately losing to the OKC group Falcon Five-O.

Hinder entered the rock scene with their debut single "Get Stoned." The band then toured in support of their album, Extreme Behavior. The band's second single, "Lips of an Angel," did far better on the charts, hitting #1 on several, and garnered international attention. "Lips of an Angel" is now being covered by country artist Jack Ingram. The band's third single from their debut album is "How Long." The fourth single is "Better Than Me," and the fifth is "Homecoming Queen."

After being offered record deals by Atlantic, Roadrunner, and Universal Records, Hinder signed with Universal records in 2005. Although Allmusic called Extreme Behavior one of the year's worst albums, throughout 2005 the album was heavily anticipated, and Hinder won the monthly Launch "Who's Next" contest for emerging bands.The Brian Howes and Mike Fraser-produced album, Extreme Behavior, was then set for release in the United States. The single "Get Stoned" was also released on iTunes as a free Single of the Week in August 2005.

"Extreme Behavior" track "Shoulda" was originally written and recorded by Canadian band Social Code for their "A Year At The Movies" album, but was scrapped when finalizing the album. The song was brought to Hinder by Universal when trying to finish up their album. They re-wrote portions of the songs to fit their sound and style and decided to use it on the album.

Any Fans?

Hinder would have to be my third favourite band and IMo are just brilliant. They know how to do a great ballad like NOthing good about goodbye or Lips of an angel. Then they also know how to perform and adrenaline pumping rock song like how long or get stoned. Anyway any fans?
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hinder Empty Re: Hinder

Post by Bek Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:57 am

I've only really heard Lips of An Angel, so I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I do like that song Smile I might try to check out a few more songs of theirs though.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:59 am

Get stoned is probably one of the greatest songs i have ever heard. The song is just epic. I suggest you check that out. Also (Bliss) i dont wanna know is a great ballad
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:18 am

I just listened to Get Stoned, really liked it, great song! One of the best I've heard in a while actually.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianP Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:37 am

Every song on there latest album is awesome!! check it out ... some real rock and roll

BrianP
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Inah Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:46 am

Hinder is awesome. One of my favourite bands at the moment actually. Lips of an Angel is a classic. I also love Get Stoned, Bliss, Better Than Me and Homecoming Queen. Their version of Born to Be Wild is awesome as well.
Inah
Inah
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:16 pm

Also goes "How Long" is a great song. There is one part which is awesome if you have heard it youll know what im talking about.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:55 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:Get stoned is probably one of the greatest songs i have ever heard. The song is just epic. I suggest you check that out. Also (Bliss) i dont wanna know is a great ballad

i love that song i used to listen to that song every five seconds
ubane
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by rockerdude Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:22 pm

I'm really liking their first two songs from their new album. I can't wait until it comes out and when they come down to visit on their tour since they are headlining. Very Happy

rockerdude
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-10-02

http://www.myspace.com/utimike

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane Oosty Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:17 am

Not a Fan. Get Stoned was alright... but obvious they've never actually rode Puff the Magick Dragon since they try and make an insistant on the subject. Pink Floyd where CLEARLY flying above the clouds.... Second-last song on Dark Side of the Moon... nuff said.

Shit I love being a know it all.
Kane Oosty
Kane Oosty
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://www.myspace.com/kaneoosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:19 am

Absolutely can't stand them. Lips Of An Angel was so overplayed for actually how good it was. It sounded like he got kicked in the balls or something, it was horrible. Get Stoned was a decent song, but all up, I cannot stand Hinder.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down