The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johnny Cash

+5
Inah
DeathDivine
Bolty B
Immortal
Bek
9 posters

Go down

Johnny Cash Empty Johnny Cash

Post by Bek Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:33 am

Well, what can I say, he's the Man In Black, easily the most recognisable figure in country music, and is a legend in every sense of the word.

Generally, I'm more of a fan his older boom-chicka-boom sound and songs, but my favourite song is definitely Hurt.

Anyone else a fan of Mr Cash?

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Johnny Cash Empty Re: Johnny Cash

Post by Immortal Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:27 am

Don't really know any songs by Cash apart from "Hurt" and even then, I prefer the Nine Inch Nails version. So sorry, not digging him.
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:28 pm

Shady wrote:Don't really know any songs by Cash apart from "Hurt" and even then, I prefer the Nine Inch Nails version. So sorry, not digging him.
Say that to a former San Quentin prisoner lol.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 249
Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:52 pm

He's amazing. I hate country but I love Johnny Cash. "Folsom Prison Blues" is his best stuff.
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

Back to top Go down

Post by Inah Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Love Johnny Cash. Hurt is my favourite song of him, of course. I love the Nine Inch Nails version, no doubt about that, but Cash's version has more emotion in my opinion. He also made the song his own, especially when you listen to it with the music video.
Inah
Inah
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Johnny cash is swet my favorite song is probably when the man comes around and ring of fire and i hate absulutly hate country exept cash of corse he is like a god and he out lived elvis
ubane
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:27 am

ubane wrote:Johnny cash is swet my favorite song is probably when the man comes around and ring of fire and i hate absulutly hate country exept cash of corse he is like a god and he out lived elvis

..........what?

Punctuation and correct spelling couldn't hurt
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

Back to top Go down

Post by mykedance Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:13 am

i'm not into country music, but ive heard a few of johnny cash's songs and they are really good, he's got a great voice for those kind of songs he sings.
ps, i think ubanes post above is great, no punctuation at all, i once did a whole post like that in my mates forum, and joined the words together. Laughing
mykedance
mykedance
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:12 am

Johnny cash is one of the few country bands I'll listen to willingly. His songs are by far some of the best.

Kat
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:52 pm

He has some better songs than "Hurt". "Ghost Riders In The Sky" is a much better song!
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 183
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Mötley Crüe
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down