The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suicide Silence

4 posters

Go down

Suicide Silence Empty Suicide Silence

Post by Sykesy Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:59 am

Suicide Silence Ssband
Though founded in 2002, Suicide Silence released their EP in 2005 and their first full-length album, The Cleansing, only in 2007. The album was recorded with producer John Travis (Static-X) and mixed by Tue Madsen (Himsa, The Haunted). The album debuted at number 94 on the Billboard 200[1], selling 7,250 copies the first week, and became the second highest selling artist debut in Century Media history.[citation needed]

Prior to signing to Century Media, the band released self-recorded demos in 2003 and 2004, and in late 2005 the group put out their first quality studio-recorded release, the Suicide Silence EP[2][3] which was released in the U.K. by In At The Deep End Records and in the U.S. by SOS Records. The band was added to the Mayhem Festival that took place summer 2008. They toured Europe with Parkway Drive and Bury Your Dead, following a successful U.S. tour with the same bands.

I Know NICKY is a big fan, Anyone else a fan?
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Suicide Silence Empty Re: Suicide Silence

Post by xNICKYURINEx Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:57 am

Yeah, I've liked this band for several years now. They're coming out with a new album this year which should be fantastic. Their last album they recorded live, if any of you know what that means. They didn't record separate tracking for each instrument, instead they all played together and put that out as an album and it is amazing.

Although, if you don't like this kind of music it isn't easy to bear. I think they're one of the best death metal bands out there today. They have a lot of elements in their music and really stand out in the scene.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:48 pm

I have never minded them that much, I'll give a listen. I can already say The Cleansing is an awesome album.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Everything they do is just so raw and powerful. Like a whole new level of heavy. I love the cover they did of The Deftones, Engine No. 9.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:49 am

I say them live in November with parkway Drive.

FUCKING INCREDIBLE and made parkway look like pussies. Now thats saying something
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Suicide Silence Parkway-Drive

We didn't need SS to make them look like pussies >_>
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Like, I don't get how people can brag on how "heavy" and "brutal" Slipknot is, and then listen to a band like Suicide Silence and not want to retract their statement.

Parkway Drive is a good mainstream breakdown band. I enjoy them, but you can't compare them to Suicide Silence. Suicide Silence goes for the more death metal type influence where Parkway Drive is more hardcore and metalcore based.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:02 pm

Death metal ftl, it's just ranting and screaming and guitar thrashing. No melody and many of the shit sounds the same. Just my opinion though.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 249
Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Please, if you don't like the genre...stay out of the metal genre area.

I deleted our little...whatever you want to call it.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down