The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL

3 posters

Go down

AFL Empty AFL

Post by Bek Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:52 am

Now, most people won't know what this is, lol.
Australian Rules Football, one of only two sports invented in Australia.
So, to those that do watch it.
Favourite team?
Mine is the mighty Essendon Bombers!

Who's going to win the premiership?
As much as I'd like the Bombers to, I think Hawthorn again, maybe Geelong.

Who's going to win the wooden spoon?
I'm hoping either Brisbane Lions or Carlton, although I think Freo will probably take it.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

AFL Empty Re: AFL

Post by Beaueh Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:10 am

I support Carlton and they WILL NOT be wooden spooners.

I think Geelong might win the Grand Final and Melbourne might finish on the bottom!
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 183
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Mötley Crüe
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:11 am

Lol, I don't think Carlton will either, they have a good team this year. I just hope they are Razz

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:16 am

Where does that hate come from?

The team is looking real good and I'm so pumped!

If Essendon play Brisbane at the GABBA, do you go? Are you excited about the new Queensland teams?
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Favourite bands/Artists: : The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Mötley Crüe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:08 am

It's just that Bombers fans aren't allowed to like Carlton at all, lol, plus my Dad's a Carlton fan, and when they do happen to beat us, I cop a lot of shit from him.

Yep, going to the Bombers vs Lions at the Gabba! Can't wait.

Well, I'm excited to see the sport is growing in Queensland, but I don't really think they should be putting it on the Gold Coast, because it's only an hour from Brisbane, which means, it's really only going to be accessible to those in SEQ. I'd be more for putting a team in Cairns or Townsville, or at least giving it more exposure up there, because, I'm not sure about Cairns, but T'ville is very much a Rugby League city, I'd like to see the balance evened up a bit.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:25 pm

I think it's silly to be putting teams in Queensland. One team is definitely enough. It's a rugby state, even thought Aussie Rules is much better than Rugby League (Union smashes League).
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:37 pm

If anything, we should be getting rid of the teams that can't even afford to be in the league. I'm looking at you North Melbourne. And you Western Bulldogs. I don't care how good the teams are, its unfair having them get funding from the AFL to keep their team afloat. If you can't pay, piss off imo.

And I hope Crows can actually win a finals match this year Very Happy.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:29 pm

They will be funding the new sides, why can't they fund older sides? There are a lot of disappointed people around because of the lack of funding their teams are getting.
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:12 pm

But why should teams get funding. And if they do, all teams should get the same amount of funding. Seriously, if you can't afford to play in the AFL, go back the the WAFL/VFL/SANFL.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Well, why don't you seriously call the AFL and tell them that then?
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Because I'm not asking the AFL.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum