The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Concert Experience (21/02/09) ~ FOB, AAR and Hey Monday

3 posters

Go down

My Concert Experience (21/02/09) ~ FOB, AAR and Hey Monday Empty My Concert Experience (21/02/09) ~ FOB, AAR and Hey Monday

Post by Sykesy Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:12 am

I posted this on another forum so ill post it here so you can all be Jealous Very Happy

I thought I would just leave a little review of a concert I went to last night. I go to many concert (2 a Month minimum mainly) but this was special. I may be despised as of now but i went on saw FALL OUT BOY being supported by 'The All-American Rejects' and 'Hey Monday'.

I rocked up to Acer Arena (Our stadium) and entered about 40 minutes early. Me and my mates grabbed some drinks as we walked inside and got in our seats. We were the front row of the first elevation and were basically 25 meters at best near the stage. After the sound technicians got everything ready 'Hey Monday' took stage. I was excited, Not for the band but to see Cassadee Pope (The chick lead singer) take stage. She is so freaking hot. After getting over that they rocked the stage, A few sound issues but a very good opener for the show. In there third track (How You Love Me Now) Pete Wentz ran on stage and sang for a bit. All the girls went crazy ( I assume some guys to) but it was only Pete Hogging the spotlight once again. Thats all. They finished of there show with a great track entitled 'Homecoming'. By then there was no green seats left and everyone was on there feet. Great performance bar a few sound difficulties.

After a 15 minute intermission 'The All-American Rejects' Came onto stage with literally screaming fans. Everyone was up chanting. Then they started the performance of with 'Dirty Little Secret'. Nearly everyone knew it so it was pretty sweet. Tyson Ritter during songs really got involved with the crowd. At this time me and my Mates jumped the fence to get into the mosh ( If you wanted to call it that). We Didn't get busted thankfully. AAR finished there set of with there newest hit 'Gives You Hell'. Good finish. They walked of and 30 minutes later (roughly about 9PM) the main act appeared.

Andy ran out to his drum kit as the fans rumbled, Then Andy started kicking the bass drum as Joe came out with his crazy hair and picked up his guitar, Followed by Pete holding his bass. He told the fans who they were (As if we didn't no) then Pat ran out and 'Thnks Fr Th Mmrs' started. The track went off as you assumed it would. Then Pete spoke about how much there enjoying Sydney and Australia and how great we are as fans (He said because were rough and roudy). By this time me and my mate pushed past the 12 -16 year old's in the front of the mosh and got up to the rail. We were not in the center though. We were only inches away from Joe and at times Pete. Then 'Thriller' started. Most knew the words as we all sang along and were getting drenched with water. The usual tracks followed ( 'The take over, The breaks over'. The Carpel Tunnell Of Love, Sugar Were going down, Beat It Etc.)

The Main Tracks were 'I Dont Care'. Which Had Pat and Joe's Guitar and Pete's Bass go all glow in the dark which was a great effect. I don't care really ended up a War Cry It was so great.

America's Suitehearts closed the scheduled set with a great reaction. But the best reception for a song was definitely 'This Aint a Scene, Its An Arm Race". Pat didn't even need to sing through this and the audience could of done it all. It was great.

The Encore came (4 songs in total). 3 really early tracks which I wasn't to familiar with and the last track was of Course 'Dance,Dance'. A great track and truly a great night.

I picked up 2 CD's (AAR and Hey Mondays) and 3 T-Shirts and One Hoodie. Definitely one of my favorite Concerts. If you are a fan of Fall Out Boy, Go see them live. You will not be disappointed.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

My Concert Experience (21/02/09) ~ FOB, AAR and Hey Monday Empty Re: My Concert Experience (21/02/09) ~ FOB, AAR and Hey Monday

Post by xNICKYURINEx Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:28 am

I saw them live at Warped Tour like 5 years ago. They weren't that great, sound wise, but I'll always have a soft spot for Fall Out Boy. I was listening to Hey Monday today and they are no Paramore but I like them better than The All American Rejects. I would go on to a Fall Out Boy show if they were touring with Four Year Strong and some other bands I enjoy. But they rarely do that anymore because they usually tour with other labelmates and Four Year Strong is only other label mate that I like.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

My Concert Experience (21/02/09) ~ FOB, AAR and Hey Monday Empty Re: My Concert Experience (21/02/09) ~ FOB, AAR and Hey Monday

Post by Sykesy Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Dude, 5 years ago FOB were terrible live. Around mid time this year they have made a MAJOR change and now sound great.

BTW, Great to see ya back Very Happy
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:45 am

I'm guessing they have. They probably pulled a My Chemical Romance. Because My Chemical Romance use to sound pretty bad live. I'm also sure there shows now are much bigger. I've got a lot respect for them because they grew up in Chicago and they always make sure to make it extra special when they come home. I prefer their older stuff that is more punk rockish, but their new stuff isn't that bad. It is a guilty pleasure.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Sounds good, player. Take photos of the stuff you got.
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 183
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Mötley Crüe
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:27 pm

Of The merchandise?

Ill see what i can do.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Pictures of the merch would be pretty sweet. Getting merch is probably one of the best parts of a concert.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:57 am

Sykesy wrote:Of The merchandise?

Ill see what i can do.

Yes!

xNICKYURINEx wrote:Pictures of the merch would be pretty sweet. Getting merch is probably one of the best parts of a concert.

I feel you on that.
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 183
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Mötley Crüe
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down