The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ne-Yo.....

3 posters

Go down

Ne-Yo..... Empty Ne-Yo.....

Post by DeathDivine Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:49 pm

Ne-Yo is an American pop and R&B singer-songwriter, record producer, dancer, actor and occasional rapper. He is an Afro-Asian which he is mixed from his African-American Father and a Black-Chinese Mother.

Ne-Yo's debut album, In My Own Words, was released in early 2006 through Def Jam Recordings, and debuted at number one on Billboard 200, selling over 301,000 copies in the first week and certified platinum, selling nearly 2 million copies in the US and 4 million worldwide.[2] During the same week, Ne-Yo's Stargate-produced second single "So Sick" reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.[2][3] Ne-Yo is as famous for his songwriting as for his singing, writing such songs as Rihanna's top ten hit "Unfaithful" and number-one hit Take a Bow, Mario's "Let Me Love You", Mario Vazquez's "Gallery", Paula DeAnda's "Walk Away (Remember Me)", and Beyoncé's Billboard Hot 100 ten-week number-one hit "Irreplaceable".

His second album, Because of You, was released on May 1, 2007. The first single from the platinum-selling album was "Because of You". He has also written songs for Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Corbin Bleu, and Enrique Iglesias for their upcoming albums.[4] Smith also has stated that he will write songs for Craig David, Usher, Chris Brown, Jennifer Hudson, Leona Lewis, and he recently confirmed that he has been contacted by producer will.i.am to work on Michael Jackson's upcoming album.[5]

Ne-Yo opened a recording studio called Carrington House and started his own label, Compound Entertainment, in 2007; Paula Campbell, Sixx John, and Shanell are now associated with Compound.[6]

In December 2007, Ne-Yo and the Goo Goo Dolls performed at a fund raising concert for presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama. He is also collaborating with Lindsay Lohan on her new material - already finishing Bossy, a pre-single for her new album Spirit in the Dark.[7].

Ne-Yo has also collaborated with Ciara on new material for her new album "Fantasy Ride", which is due out in early December. The single "Supernatural" was recently produced, and he worked on additional singles as well.

Since his debut, Ne-Yo has amassed seven top ten songs on the Billboard Hot 100 and two number-one albums on the Billboard 200. Ne-Yo has also amassed a catalogue of chart-topping songs that he has written for other artists. He recently released a single entitled "Miss Independent". The music video featured Trey Songz, Gabrielle Union, Lauren London, Keri Hilson, and America's Next Top Model's Monique from a previous season.

More recently Ne-Yo is known to have collaborated with American singer Anastacia and co-written and produced the single "I Can Feel You" from her upcoming album Heavy Rotation. His latest reported venture is with controvertial and media loving industrial-metal star Marilyn Manson, after professing in an interview a desire to work with him.[8]

Discography
In My Own Words (2006)
Because of You (2007)
Year of the Gentleman (2008)

Any Ne-Yo fans?...or haters i guess
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Ne-Yo..... Empty Re: Ne-Yo.....

Post by Immortal Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:44 am

Not a big fan but I digg Ne-Yo. His vocals are smooth and he's cool enough to appear alongside someone like Plies and it not to be akward. His singing on "Bust It Baby" with Plies is great, the highlight of the track and his solo ventures like "Closer" and "So Sick" are good too. My favourite would be "Because Of You".
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:25 am

Bust it Baby was amazing until radio started playing it 24/7 on every hit music station. Oh well, still a great song. "Single" is my favorite song at the moment. It's off his new album which is a great album btw.
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:34 pm

DeathDivine wrote:Bust it Baby was amazing until radio started playing it 24/7 on every hit music station. Oh well, still a great song. "Single" is my favorite song at the moment. It's off his new album which is a great album btw.

I'll check "Single" out now on Youtube. Thaks for the tip. Very Happy
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inah Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:11 pm

Closer would have to be my favourite song of his at the moment. Rihanna's Hate That I Love You, which features Ne-Yo was also awesome. So Sick's a classic as well.
Inah
Inah
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: