The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Sabbath

+6
Bolty B
Knot
ubane
Alex
Sykesy
DeathDivine
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Black Sabbath - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Sabbath

Post by DeathDivine Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:Ohh sabbath were for sure ill give you that. Sabbath were very heavy for there day but they were not just by themselves in creating heavy metal. Purple and Zepplien did as well.Tony meh! his stuff isnt amazing IMO!

Agreed........except the part about Tony
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:33 pm

1. Elvis is a solo artist, just cause you have a backing band. its not like you could name elvis's guitarist like i could Name Guns N Roses etc. Its different.

2. IM not dening sabbath at all, Your statin that zepplien were never part of Heavy metal and were not the fore Fathers of it along with Sabbath and Purple. They were.

3. Quite simple. I could give you tab of a song and ask you to convert it to actual music. Its pretty easy if you did play guitar. And believe it or not its actually pretty hard to tell the talent. Tommy could play chords really well but he was never safe on the neck. What i mean was his fingers were all over the place.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:00 pm

Where did I claim Zep had no influence to heavy metal...? And yeah, its easy to tell the talent of a guitarist, for example, I KNOW Chuck Schulidiner is a much more skilled musician than say Billie Joe Armstrong, i have songs to prove. I've listened to most of Iommi's work with Sabbath and his solo album, what song has Iommi made which is technically harder than oh say... Rat Salad?
Alex
Alex
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 43
Favourite bands/Artists: : Jeff Buckley, Iron Maiden, Death, Atheist, Leftover Crack, Operation Ivy, MIA, Mr. Bungle, Metallica, Slayer, Dissection, Kreator
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Discopants Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Black Sabbath were the band that first got me into metal. Heard them in the car and they've been my favourite band ever since. I used to be obsessive about them lol. Collecting old Vertigo vinyls and other rare stuff. Quite simply the greatest band ever to me.

On the wider scale of things though, I don't think anyone can deny their contribution to metal and what it became. Although Zeppelin were brilliant in their own way they didn't concentrate on things that you could call "metal clichés" that a commonplace now. For instance the darker lyrical elements and the distinctively heavy bass riffs are things hundreds of metal bands have tried to emulate. In terms of metal, I would have to say Sabbath are the Fathers of it.
Discopants
Discopants
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:00 pm

Discopants wrote:Black Sabbath were the band that first got me into metal. Heard them in the car and they've been my favourite band ever since. I used to be obsessive about them lol. Collecting old Vertigo vinyls and other rare stuff. Quite simply the greatest band ever to me.

On the wider scale of things though, I don't think anyone can deny their contribution to metal and what it became. Although Zeppelin were brilliant in their own way they didn't concentrate on things that you could call "metal clichés" that a commonplace now. For instance the darker lyrical elements and the distinctively heavy bass riffs are things hundreds of metal bands have tried to emulate. In terms of metal, I would have to say Sabbath are the Fathers of it.

thank you thats what i have been saying
ubane
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by PUDDLES420 Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:26 pm

Black Sabbath are easily the most influential band in terms of heavy metal, and I really think they almost single-handedly defined the genre. Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple obviously contributed but Black Sabbath (particularly Iommi) were instrumental in the creating of the genre. We shouldn't compare Iommi and Page, two completely different artists, but I prefer Iommi personally and I'm a fan of both bands. Sabbath are a great band, Master of Reality is one of my favourite albums ever.
PUDDLES420
PUDDLES420
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:38 am

Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple are considered founders, however Black Sabbath is considered the 1st Heavy Metal Band. Black Sabbath was the 1st band to take the lyrics to a darker place, combined with dark imagery, low tunes guitars, and evil sounding riffs.
metaldude
metaldude
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-02

http://www.myspace.com/rebeltildeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:57 am

I've read over all these posts and I appreciate that they may have pioneered the metal style of music. But I listened to some of the Black Sabbath songs such as "Electric Funeral" and I cracked up. Honestly, I laughed out loud after hearing that track. No offence if that's what you're into but Osbourne just sounds weird and the guitar rifs are very lame in my opinion. They may have been cool back then but now they just sound dated.
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique

http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:48 am

Shady wrote:I've read over all these posts and I appreciate that they may have pioneered the metal style of music. But I listened to some of the Black Sabbath songs such as "Electric Funeral" and I cracked up. Honestly, I laughed out loud after hearing that track. No offence if that's what you're into but Osbourne just sounds weird and the guitar rifs are very lame in my opinion. They may have been cool back then but now they just sound dated.

To each his own. Personally when I hear rap songs I get this kind of reaction. I can listen to Sabbath 24/7. Electric Funeral is about the world after a Nuclear Holocaust. I get chills when I hear it. The guitar riff is creepy, and Ozzys vocals are haunting. However its like I said, to each his own.
metaldude
metaldude
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Shady why the hell would you listen to that song seriously, Check out Iron man or paranoid.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:43 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:Shady why the hell would you listen to that song seriously, Check out Iron man or paranoid.

Lol, I know "Ironman" and it isn't exactly great either. But it's better than "Electric Funeral", that's for sure. I heard "Electric Funeral" when going through my friends music on his iPod.
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique

Back to top Go down

Post by Discopants Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Nah, check out Snowblind or The Writ. Have to admit some of there songs do sound dated but the majority of them are timeless. Sabbath are a real album band too, I don't think the singles reflect them very well.
Discopants
Discopants
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:37 pm

Shady wrote:I've read over all these posts and I appreciate that they may have pioneered the metal style of music. But I listened to some of the Black Sabbath songs such as "Electric Funeral" and I cracked up. Honestly, I laughed out loud after hearing that track. No offence if that's what you're into but Osbourne just sounds weird and the guitar rifs are very lame in my opinion. They may have been cool back then but now they just sound dated.

if that was the only song you cant say the band sucks just because that song isnt good dosnt mean all there songs suck
ubane
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:40 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:Shady why the hell would you listen to that song seriously, Check out Iron man or paranoid.

because its a good song and believe it or not Black Sabbath has more than just two songs
ubane
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Sabbath has a slew of great songs, however if you look into something with your mind made up that it sucks or its "outdated" then your not going to like it. Anyone can say what they want, do what they want, and listen to what they want. It in no way, shape, or form affects what I like and what I listen to. If he likes it great, if he doesnt I really couldnt care less.
metaldude
metaldude
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:57 pm

ubane wrote:

because its a good song and believe it or not Black Sabbath has more than just two songs

Really are you joking, they only have two songs DAMN! there pretty good if they have been successful of two songs. Yeah im aware i just think there the best, got a problem with that?
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:46 pm

If you think Iron Man and Paranoid are Sabbaths best songs then I honestly dont think you know much about Sabbath.
metaldude
metaldude
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:25 pm

its a matter of opinion in what songs you like but there are my favourite two. i dont want to be like most and just like there most popular like war pigs, Neon Knights and heaven and hell.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:40 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:its a matter of opinion in what songs you like but there are my favourite two. i dont want to be like most and just like there most popular like war pigs, Neon Knights and heaven and hell.

well i dont realy like those songs there best songs are hand of doom, NIB, children of the grave, and never say die thats only a few
ubane
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:37 am

ubane wrote:

if that was the only song you cant say the band sucks just because that song isnt good dosnt mean all there songs suck

Mate, read over my posts again, you'll see the line "But I have listened to some Black Sabbath songs".
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:47 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:its a matter of opinion in what songs you like but there are my favourite two. i dont want to be like most and just like there most popular like war pigs, Neon Knights and heaven and hell.

Umm Paranoid and Iron Man ARE their most famous songs.
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

Back to top Go down

Post by PUDDLES420 Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:10 pm

^Yep, he's right.
My personal favourites include War Pigs, Electric Funeral, Snowblind, Sweet Leaf, Black Sabbath, The Wizard, N.I.B, Children of the Grave, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Under The Sun, Sabbra Cadabra and Into The Void. They first five albums are killer, I don't mind the Dio era.
PUDDLES420
PUDDLES420
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:12 pm

DeathDivine wrote:

Umm Paranoid and Iron Man ARE their most famous songs.

Famous and popular, there is a difference. For example Nickelback's most famous song is "How you remind me" yet there most popular are far away and rockstar.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PUDDLES420 Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:15 pm

In that case, War Pigs, maybe. Neon Knights and Heaven and Hell..nah.

There really isnt much of a difference, imo.
PUDDLES420
PUDDLES420
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:35 am

No casual Sabbath fan is gonna be familiar with "Neon Nights."

P.S: Everything comes back to Nickelback lol.
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next