The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Hip Hop About To Be Saved ?

3 posters

Go down

Is Hip Hop About To Be Saved ? Empty Is Hip Hop About To Be Saved ?

Post by C-Makaveli Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:58 pm

Hip Hop in 2008 has been weak for me. The only real decent album released was The Games third album '' L.A.X ''. For Me he finally got it right on that album and then he goes and retires just so he can follow in Dr Dre's footsteps to become a producer and set up his own label.

Hip Hop at this minute in time has people like Lil Wayne & Florida repersenting it , and its just aweful. Lil Wayne cant release a song without messing about with his voice on a computer and Florida is trying to put Pop in Hip Hop.

But It looks like hip Hop might be saved by the end of the year as there are Four Major figures returning with New Albums.

Eminem :

Eminems first solo album since 2004's Encore ( Curtain Call was a Greatest Hits CD & The Re-Up was to promote Shady Records ) is widely rumoured to be called King Mathers. This had been said by many artists in the Industry such as Cashis and Akon. Shady Records denied that the Album had been named King Mathers but did confirm that Eminem was working on a new album. Eminem himself then said that it will be released in late 2008.

Its about time Shady released another record. He is one of the best rappers ever and the industry hasnt been the same without him. He got the Dr Dre bug and wanted to go produce but it looks like he has snapped out of it.

Jay Z :

His final recorded album for the Def Jam label before moving to his Live nation Label , The new Jay Z album is named '' The Blueprint 3 '' which continues the Blueprint series. Jay Z has confirmed that the Album will be released on the 2nd of December 2008. Kanye West and Jay Z have both confirmed that Kanye has done alot of producing on the album with Jay Z , and features on a few singles himself.

Hova's last album American Gangster was sick as hell , Blue Magic was one of the best Raps I had heard in years and h hopefully this album can live up to the hype behind it. Its a shame that Jay Z is leaving Def Jam but he really didnt have a choice.

50 Cent :

50 Cent to me can be an amazing and utter crap rapper all at the same time. His first two studio albums were the business. Get Rich or die Tryin & The Massacre were amazing rap albums. His third album however wasnt so great. Curtis was originally planned to be his fourth album , but he decided to make it his third instead so he could have more time to create his fourht studio album ( then third ) '' Before I Self Destruct ''. The reason Curtis sucked so much was because there was no input from Dr Dre , unlike on the previous two albums. 50 also jumped on the Timberland/Timberlake Hip Hop/Pop bandwagon. The only decent song to come from Curtis was ''I Get Money '' , all the other songs just had a pop element about them that sucked and 50 couldnt do his thing.

Timberland has said that he has worked with 50 Cent on this fourth album and says he has made some hot tracks , which aslong as Timberlake stays out of them , they should be fine. 50 Cent has said that this will be his final studio album as he wishes to produce ( another rapper turned producer ). Hopefilly with Dr Dre and Timberland both working on the album , Before I Self Destruct will be a hit. 50 Himself has said that this album will be alot darker and fresh , something we havent heard since Pac was alive.

50 Cents contract states that he is to release 5 albums , one of which must be a greatest hits album , so unless he signs a new deal this could be the last we see of 50 Cent.

Kanye West :

Set for release in November of this year , Kanyes Fourth album '' 808s & Heartbreaks '' will be the here before the previous three rappers albums for a purpose. Kanye didnt want to get into conflict with 50 Cent's Before I Self Distruct album , after Kanye's third album beat 50's third one in sales as they were released at the same time.

The album was recorded in Hawaii and is already complete according to West. Not alot of information has been released about this album , Kanye is the only producer behind it and as of yet no guests have been announced on the tracks.

I have always liked Kanye's music because it is a step away from general hip hop and doesnt mainly focus on the ''Street Life , Rags to riches '' story. His first three albums have been amazing and with him behind Jay Z's first Blueprint album , one of the best albums ever , things can only get better for Mr West.
C-Makaveli
C-Makaveli
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Is Hip Hop About To Be Saved ? Empty Re: Is Hip Hop About To Be Saved ?

Post by DeathDivine Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:49 am

I usually love Kanye but I REALLY didn't like Love Lockdown. I'm nervous about the new album. You know Eminem will put out some good stuff though. I love Lil Wayne btw. Tha Carter III was great as well as his earlier stuff except f***ing "La La." I hate that song.
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:54 am

"Love Lockdown" was pathetic. Seriously, it can't be classed as rap and this new robotic voice is ridiculous. I cannot stress how much of a sell-out Kanye West is. I know his next album will suck because every track he's appeared on lately has been with that stupid robotic voice and it sounds really lame. Jigga hasn't impressed me much since The Black Album but he's still the best rapper alive today in my opinion and anything he makes is decent.

Eminem's should be good although it seemed lile he ran out of decent lyrics in 05. Encore had plenty of utter crap on it so I hope this one's different. 50's could be okay but Curtis wasn't great so I'm not too positive. However, Dre always comes good and something which has taken this long to make must be special. I can't wait for the Detox!
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Makaveli Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:53 pm

I Just listened to ''Love Lockdown''.

Kanye West appears to have turned into a Pop artist. ?I had heard his new album was gonna be the shit , after listening to that I think it will just be shit full stop.
C-Makaveli
C-Makaveli
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum