The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prequel To I Am Legend Confirmed.

+2
Bolty B
Sykesy
6 posters

Go down

Prequel To I Am Legend Confirmed. Empty Prequel To I Am Legend Confirmed.

Post by Sykesy Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Source:TotalFilm.com

It’s been drifting about as a rumour for a while, based on comments by Francis Lawrence, but Warner Bros has made it official: Lawrence and Will Smith will return for a prequel to I Am Legend.

We’ll warn anyone reading this that hasn’t seen the movie that spoilers lurk within.

In the 2007 film, we saw scientist Robert Neville (Smith) die heroically while finally finding a cure for the plague that has turned humanity into night-roving vamp-like creatures. A prequel was pretty much the only way he could come back, short of cloning or some sort of brain-in-jar-android-body cheat.

The new pic will chronicle humanity’s last days in New York.

I really enjoyed the movie, But im not a big fan of prequels. Many critics said the movie wasnt that great so if this movie comes otu then it will either make or break the series.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Prequel To I Am Legend Confirmed. Empty Re: Prequel To I Am Legend Confirmed.

Post by Bolty B Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Hmm...expect this to be stinking up cinema screens come 2010.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 249
Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:57 am

Electricity wrote:Hmm...expect this to be stinking up cinema screens come 2010.

Totally agreed, I give it a 2% chance of not being incredibly boring.
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

Back to top Go down

Post by mykedance Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:44 am

i thought i am legend was a great movie, and i'm looking forward to seeing that prequel to it.
i eventually got to see the original " the omega man " from which the movie i am legend was based on.
and it was an ok movie aswell.
mykedance
mykedance
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by NIRVANAPLAYER Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:56 am

Personally, I would'nt waste my money to see it in theaters.
NIRVANAPLAYER
NIRVANAPLAYER
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 117
Favourite bands/Artists: : nirvana, slipknot, green day, stone sour, system of a down, scars on braudway, soundgarden, and a whole bunch more...
Registration date : 2008-10-01

https://www.youtube.com/IMABLEACHER

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:17 pm

I enjoyed "I Am Legend" and I always enjoy Will Smith. I don't know what is going to draw everyone's main attention in the prequel, as it seems most of the story was already explained in the original. Obviously we are going to learn more about Robert Neville's family and more about how people started realizing the "cure" for cancer was turning everyone into monsters. But beside that, what is the reason to watch? We already know that in the end Robert Neville dies and finds the cure. The main reason you watched the original was to see how he would find the cure. This is more of a prolonged, how it happened movie. I mean, the mystery isn't even about that either, we already know how it happened. That would be the main reason for a prequel.

I won't see this in the theater like I saw the original "I Am Legend" rather this one would make for a good movie rental. Still looking forward to it nonetheless, but it won't be anything like "I Am Legend".
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum