The Music Crib!

A way to get this place active

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A way to get this place active

Post by Sykesy on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Were not getting enough people online and ive tried everything to get new members. Does anyone else have any idea's into how i could get new members?

Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

View user profile http://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A way to get this place active

Post by xNICKYURINEx on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:17 pm

I have no idea. Beside telling anyone you know. I mean, music forums aren't as easily appealing as say a wrestling forum seems to be. But, hey, we could try Last.FM. going on different groups and just posting a link and different bands.
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Sure, We will give that ago. Also your a member of WC yeah?

If you are and you got some mates ask em to join Very Happy

Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:32 pm

I can ask them to join, but most of them don't stick around.

I'll try to get Kizza back, seeing as he doesn't post anywhere anymore.
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:07 pm

- Make ad banners (while a girl undoing her bra is hot, it probably won't get the forum members) and put them EVERYWHERE you can.

I don't know how many hits the forum is getting. It's hosted by forumotion and it's a free forum, so I wouldn't be very surprised if the forum gets hardly any hits at all.

Free forums that do get a lot of hits, are advertised on popular websites and they have content others forum don't.
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 183
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Mötley Crüe
Registration date : 2009-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:16 pm

I see what you mean, But what do you think i should do to help with this.

Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:53 am

I doubt that you would be in a position where you could pay for a good website and forum, nor do I think you would want to be doing that at this moment in time. Also, to do that (pay for a site and forum), it's a big jump, with a risk and if you don't have people backing you, you would be throwing money down the drain.

You want members, but you need the content that excites people and makes them interested. Ask yourself, what does my forum offer that other forums don't? You seem to be relaxed here and I think that's a very positive thing. That is one thing I can think of.

Think of forums and/or websites that you visit and what they offer. You visit websites for different reasons - what are those reasons? If you can get some ideas from that, try to incorperate the ideas into this forum.

Something that is extremely important is showing people interest and being interested in what they like. I think that when I posted that I was listening to FOB, you were happy to read that. Straight away you wanted to know if I listened to more FOB and not only that, you introduced me to some. That is very, very special. It shouldn't be hard to do either. So, building special relationships with members makes a forum work or work better.
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 183
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Mötley Crüe
Registration date : 2009-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:17 am

Alright, i see what your going with i think. Thanks heaps. this could help a bit. Thanks

Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top