The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kings of Leon

4 posters

Go down

Kings of Leon Empty Kings of Leon

Post by xNICKYURINEx Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Kings of Leon are a Grammy Award-winning American band from Mianus, Tennessee, USA. The band is made up of three brothers ; Caleb Followill (b. January 14, 1982) (lead singer/rhythm guitar), Nathan Followill(b. June 26, 1979) (drums/backing vocals), Jared Followill (b. November 20, 1986) (bass guitar/backing vocals) – and their first cousin Matthew Followill (b. September 10, 1984) (lead guitar/backing vocals). Formed from the band Entrance To An Exit.

I don't know too much about this band, I just know it is hard to turn on the radio lately not hearing one of their songs. Does anyone here know of them and have an opinion to share? I'm up for hearing why they suck or why you think they are great. Let us get some conversation going.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Kings of Leon Empty Re: Kings of Leon

Post by Bek Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Personally I think they got old very quickly, and while I don't mind "Sex on Fire", I just can't see them making it big after all the hype has worn down.

They're talented, and everything, it's just a feeling I get that they won't make it far past this first album.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:42 pm

Bek wrote:Personally I think they got old very quickly, and while I don't mind "Sex on Fire", I just can't see them making it big after all the hype has worn down.

They're talented, and everything, it's just a feeling I get that they won't make it far past this first album.

They've released 3 studio albums before Only by the Night and they've had 2 EPs before that album as well. So Kings of Leon has been around for awhile, it is just all of a sudden they've become really popular. I'm not too much of a fan because I honestly don't see anything special in their music that stands them out from a million other bands, but that is just me.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Oh ok, thanks for letting me know that. I just assumed since I'd never heard of them before that they were new.

And I agree, they just aren't anything special, they're talented, but not unique.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:32 pm

Bek wrote:Oh ok, thanks for letting me know that. I just assumed since I'd never heard of them before that they were new.

And I agree, they just aren't anything special, they're talented, but not unique.

Yeah, I haven't heard of them until recently. They've just come out of nowhere with this new CD and it seems to be getting a lot of radio play. I like to do a little research on a band before I make a topic. So I Wikipedia'd them.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:43 pm

I CANNOT stand them. I aint kidding. If there on the radio i turn it off thats how bad i find them.

Sex On fire was good at first until it was pumped into our ears repetively. Then they just become boring and simple. not a fan, Never will be.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:09 pm

They could have chosen any other song of the album, because Sex On Fire is easily the worst song off it.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down