The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metallica!

+9
ubane
PUDDLES420
Kane Oosty
Bek
Alex
Ty
Knot
Sykesy
DeathDivine
13 posters

Go down

Metallica! Empty Metallica!

Post by DeathDivine Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:36 pm

My personal favorite band. We got any fans? Loved the new album by the way

Discography
1983: Kill 'Em All
1984: Ride the Lightning
1986: Master of Puppets
1988: …And Justice for All
1991: Metallica
1996: Load
1997: ReLoad
2003: St. Anger
2008: Death Magnetic
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Metallica! Empty Re: Metallica!

Post by Sykesy Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Metallica ... Of course. Except for st anger that is.

Nearly all there songs are great and there newest album is in ym all time top 20. Definatey a great band!
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Knot Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:05 pm

Metallica......Kirk is one of the best guitarests of all time.....Robert Trujilo is a great bass player who is like Cliff......Lars......can be good......James is frekin amazing.
Knot
Knot
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 75
Favourite bands/Artists: : Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Slipknot, Greenday, Kiss, Metallica
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:14 pm

Metallica is awesome, "All Nightmare Long" is a pretty cool song. I can't wait to get there new album

Ty
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:39 am

Ty wrote:Metallica is awesome, "All Nightmare Long" is a pretty cool song. I can't wait to get there new album

Yeah you definitely need to hook yourself up with that one, it's great. "All Nightmare Long" and "The Unforgiven II" are amazing......well all of them are amazing but I thought Cyanide was the weakest track.
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:18 pm

Death Magnetic was really good, I liked it more than Kill Em All. Metallica are a great band, I'm hoping to hear more basswork from Rob in future albums as he is the best bassist ever in Metallica.
Alex
Alex
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 43
Favourite bands/Artists: : Jeff Buckley, Iron Maiden, Death, Atheist, Leftover Crack, Operation Ivy, MIA, Mr. Bungle, Metallica, Slayer, Dissection, Kreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:01 am

A little something that Metallica fans might be interested in Smile

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/14982/chart-watch-extra-the-top-15-album-acts-of-the-bar-code-era

It's quite an interesting read, about the Nielsen/Soundscan charts, which is based on actual record sales as opposed to shipments(which the Recording Industry of America's list [where the gold, platinum, diamond distinctions come from] ) My personal favourite artist, Garth Brooks, tops the list, but anyway, on to Metalllica

To paraphrase the famous subtitle of a 1960 Elvis Presley compilation, 50,000,000 Metallica fans can't be wrong. Metallica this week becomes the first hard-rock band-and only the fifth act overall-to top the 50,000,000
mark in album sales since Nielsen/SoundScan began tracking U.S. sales in May 1991.

5. Metallica, 50,111,000. Metallica is the highest-ranking hard rock act on the list. (AC/DC is runner-up at #26.) Metallica is on this year's short-list for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. The band has four albums in the top 200, topped by 1991's Metallica at #2. That album spawned five chart hits, including "Enter Sandman." Metallica first charted in September 1984 with Ride The Lightning. Original bassist Cliff Burton was killed in a bus crash in 1986.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane Oosty Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:56 am

Metallica = Kings of Metal
Kane Oosty
Kane Oosty
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 16

http://www.myspace.com/kaneoosty

Back to top Go down

Post by PUDDLES420 Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:50 pm

Metallica are one of if not my favourite band. Favourite albums, Master of Puppets and ...And Justice For All. Death Magnetic is great.
PUDDLES420
PUDDLES420
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:14 pm

PUDDLES420 wrote:Metallica are one of if not my favourite band. Favourite albums, Master of Puppets and ...And Justice For All. Death Magnetic is great.

my favorite song is master of puppets and enter sand man two grate songs Twisted Evil
ubane
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Discopants Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:33 am

Ride The Lightning has always been my favourite album although there first three are pretty faultless. I like a few from their crappy years too (i.e. post Black Album) especially Garage Inc. Thought that was a thoughtless but pretty good album. You know a bands struggling if they release a covers album lol. Lucky they got back on track.
Discopants
Discopants
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Knot Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:32 am

Wat can i say Legends
Knot
Knot
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 75
Favourite bands/Artists: : Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Slipknot, Greenday, Kiss, Metallica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar666 Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:34 am

Metallica are defo my all time favourite band i started listening to them when they released St Anger i thought it was a great album, I think i got all their studio albums my favourite is the Black Album my fav song by them is One and i cant wait to see them in February on their UK tour its going to be awesome.

Guitar666
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar666 Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:46 am

Saw them last night thay were amazing

Guitar666
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinosaur Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:04 am

I used to think Kirk was the greatest, but this was before I developed an ear and realized his bends were off pitch and he has an awful tone. Some cool tunes on those first 3 albums, and Cliff was definitely a metal mother, but the bands that influenced Metallica are better than them. Metallica, kind of like AC/DC, became more of a product than a band after all the youthful energy was shot.
Dinosaur
Dinosaur
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 45
Favourite bands/Artists: : Thin Lizzy, Free, UFO, Dinosaur Jr, My Bloody Valentine, Sonic Youth, Television, The Stooges, Joy Division, The Replacements, David Bowie, Mission of Burma, Deerhunter, Mountain, ROUD GUITARS MUSIC :3
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:34 pm

I liked them at a very young age when their music was good. I sampled Death Magnetic and it's pretty bad. Hetfield is BAAAAD.
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 183
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Mötley Crüe
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down