The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official General Chat Thread

+5
NIRVANAPLAYER
Kizza
Bolty B
Bek
xNICKYURINEx
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official General Chat Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official General Chat Thread

Post by Beaueh Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 pm

You won't be able to buy as many vinyls with no job. Sad
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 183
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Mötley Crüe
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:35 pm

Dinosaur wrote:The economy is taking a bump and my boss jumped the gun. There wasn't much going on at the moment job-wise, but I was keeping busy. In the summer they'll be stacked, the slowdown during the winter always hits hard. I thought I had some security, my dad's been there for 25 years. I wasn't a fan of the work anyway, the money was quite nice though.

Man that sounds like a bummer. What is your job if you don't mind me asking.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:19 pm

I don't have a job. Although when I do, it will be hard to find one.

Plus I have a bad cough. Cough cough.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 249
Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:14 am

I work at ... McDonald's. yeah not the greatest of jobs. I'm on a Trainee ship at the moment which is pretty good seeming im only 15. Most Trainee's are finished school before they are even qualified. So yeah...
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:03 am

Bolty B wrote:I don't have a job. Although when I do, it will be hard to find one.

Plus I have a bad cough. Cough cough.

Drink water to flush the germs out of your system! Coughs are shit.

Sykesy wrote:I work at ... McDonald's. yeah not the greatest of jobs. I'm on a Trainee ship at the moment which is pretty good seeming im only 15. Most Trainee's are finished school before they are even qualified. So yeah...

McDonalds is respected now days. It's a good thing to have on your resume.
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Favourite bands/Artists: : The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, Mötley Crüe

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:18 am

If you can survive McDonald's you can survive a lot of other places. I heard rush hour times at McDonald's can be pretty intense. My whole school basically worked at McDonald's now they have better jobs, or at least better jobs in my opinion.

I always wanted to work at 7 Eleven or something like that. In a nice neighborhood so I don't get robbed.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:07 pm

xNICKYURINEx wrote:If you can survive McDonald's you can survive a lot of other places. I heard rush hour times at McDonald's can be pretty intense. My whole school basically worked at McDonald's now they have better jobs, or at least better jobs in my opinion.

I always wanted to work at 7 Eleven or something like that. In a nice neighborhood so I don't get robbed.

LOL!
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:45 pm

With the economy being the slumps a lot of people are resorting to desperate measures to obtain money. We had a recent bank robbing in my neighborhood and I live in a nice suburb, so its kind of shocking. I'm sure my 7 Eleven has been held up as well.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:51 pm

You're right Nicky, as unfortunate as it is, people will do anytihng for money.

Our town is pretty screwed up at the moment, well, it always is, but more so than usual. Small-ish country town, supposed to be peaceful? Ha, no. In the past year, in this general district we've had 2 stabbings, riots, robberies, the list goes on. Personally I blame what seems to be a stupid race war. Not using this in a racist term, but the black people do not like the white people. It's quite sad really. The local aboriginal community, about 10kms out of town, the residents there are 33 times more likely to be taken to hospital because of assault, like I said, it's quite sad.

I'm just happy I don't live in town, because it's just not nice, the people there aren't nice, whether they're black/white/blue/orange/whatever.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:01 am

Unfortunately a lot of people are pretty ignorant. At my old school my girlfriend was telling me about these black kids pushing this white kid around and saying how "they have the power now." Some people just make me sick. I don't mind any other race as long as they respect me. You know, that subtle mutual respect that makes a person come off as nice and well mannered. But most of the time, the black kids and Arabians come off very disrespectful, like I owe them something. A lot of Arabians, at my school, hit on my girlfriend in very rude manners. This one guy rubbed her waist, it is like, where has a person's respect for another person gone? I would never lay my hands on someone that I did not know greatly or wasn't personally involved with. I just question a lot of people moral stances on things these days.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:21 am

So true Nicky. Morals are few and far between, with anyone these days.

The thing that I don't understand is, that in this country, I would like to stress that I mean this in no way racially degrading, but our indigenous people have a whole different set of rules to white people. I have been abused by black people in the town I live near, yet they can get away with it. But had I said something racially degrading to them, I would be considered a racist, yet they aren't. That's not fair, IMO.

Sometimes I think this world is too politically correct. Some good things have come out of the whole "political correctness" thing, but there's been just as many bad things.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaueh Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:33 am

It's just Arabs, Arabians are horses.

There are just as many 'Australian' trouble makers as there are of other cultures. I don't look at people of other culters and instantly demand respect from them, they're just people and I don't think they're any less Australian than what I am.
Beaueh
Beaueh
Indy performer
Indy performer

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:15 am

Well yeah, there are plenty of ignorant people. But the black and Arab people can get away with it. Black people have been drawing the race card time and time again. These black kids at my school attacked a kid because he was white, slammed his face into a locker and he had to get his jaw wired shut. Now, if that happened by a white kid to a black kid it would scream hate crime. The kids that did it got suspended, yes, suspended not expelled because they drew the race card on that too. When they came back to school they bragged about it. Black people and Arab people do it because they are already discriminated against by most of the country, so why shouldn't they have their guard up?

When I say respect, I don't mean like intensely. I mean, the respect to be well mannered. I think that is just something everyone should have no matter the race or the build. I wouldn't touch another girl in an inappropriate way because I respect that person's personal space. I would move out of the way if someone was walking on the same side of the hallway as me, where I've had it many a time that they simply run into me and suspected me to move out of their way. It is just courteous. But ignorance has no color, but it certainly can be said that certain races are more ignorant then others. There has been a fear put in the white person's heart by the media and a inadequacy put on by pop culture. Personally, black people are all the rage right now. The top list performers in music are black. More people know of Kanye West then they know of Dave Grohl. White guys feel like their dicks need to be bigger because of all the hype over a black guy's cock. Most white people are afraid to ever stick up to themselves because they will be crucified by being racial. But it isn't a matter of being racial or not. Black people have a lot of power over white people, that is a fact. Not all of them use it, but all of them possess it.

Then again, many of these are just my views and frustrations. I use to be all, everyone is equal. But everyone isn't equal. If history has proved anything it proves that certain people, cultures, have had power over others. Just like how black people use to be consider property. Society dictates who has the power. So we may all be equal in the sense we are all human beings. But that is about it.

Please note, I mean no offense. These are just some of the things I've noticed where I live.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down