The Music Crib!

Public -vs- Private School

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Public -vs- Private School

Post by Holyjoker on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:06 pm

Which do you think is better, public schools or private schools?

Holyjoker
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Public -vs- Private School

Post by Sykesy on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:25 pm

Id have to say private. i go to one and for some reason i think you learn much more and it just seems much nicer

Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

View user profile http://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:06 am

Private. We catch a train with people from a public school, and this may sound just like a generalization, but our quality of learning and what we learn is much better then them.
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inah on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:31 am

I've experienced being to both public and private schools. I was in a private Catholic school for a year before I moved her in Wales and they were really strict, it's not a bad thing though because kids there really behaved appropriately. Now I'm in a public school, but my school is still strict as hell. I guess I have more freedom here, but it's really no different from my old school. Our headteacher is a control freak. Some public schools around my area are really bad though, they're really unorganized, there's report of stabbings and stuff.

So I guess it really depends with the school. Some public schools act like private schools, but some just dont care and let students kill each other.
Inah
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:57 am

Well, I've been in both, and easily, private. I hated the public school I went to, the people were just pathetic, to be honest, I'll admit, i've got my friends from there, but most of them were scum.

And the quality of learning is much better in private, there you're learning things a year before you learn them at public.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:21 pm

I've been to both and I have to say public. People at my private schools were scumbags for the most part, about 99.9% of the population there. The teachers didn't give a crap about you if you didn't get 95% average without studying and didn't really care to help you.
When I went to public schools, the students were a lot more relaxed and there was WAY less bullying, believe it or not. The teachers actually tried to help all the students, not just the ones who got good grades easily. They explained a whole lot better the material.

Sophie
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Hln. on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:18 am

I've only ever been to a private school. Yes, A (1) private school. I haven't had a reason to leave, well apart form the end of yr 12 fast approaching. My Mum has taught at many state schools and would only send me to a select few.

Private all the way I say. We're quite lucky having heaps of land, lovely grounds, many many ovals, pool, basically everything. The teachers are fabulous, the cohort is fantastic. We're not THE best private school (nothing like the grammar ones) as the school has only been around for 15 years or so, but we are certainly beating them on the sports field mwuahahahaha. Can't forget the music awards too with some of the bands traveling overseas representing us.
Miss Hln.
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NIRVANAPLAYER on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:02 am

Well, Ive only gone to public schools all my life, so i cant exactly say which one i like more. I can imagine that private schools would be much better though, because theres always fighting and shit like that at my high school. I mean, i always thought that public schools had a more relaxed feel to them, but it has its bad sides too. Unfortuanetly for me, my school is a high school with a lot of sports, and a lot of pressure to join them from teachers. And since me and my friends are not the most sports "crazed" people in the whole school, it can be a little difficult. I was going to applly for this one art school called "Carver" because it had a film-making class there, and i like to do that kinda stuff (check out the link to my youtube on my profile if you want to see what i mean). But I decided not to apply to the school because it was like an hour away from my house, and i really dont feel like taking a hour-long bus ride to, and back, from school every day. Well, overall I think that private schools would probubly give a better education that the public school that I'm in now.
NIRVANAPLAYER
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 117
Favourite bands/Artists: : nirvana, slipknot, green day, stone sour, system of a down, scars on braudway, soundgarden, and a whole bunch more...
Registration date : 2008-10-01

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/IMABLEACHER

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Private schools are so different in Europe then they are here. I was at a private school for the majority of my life try 11 years. Then finished up my last 3 years in a public school. I never had any friends in my private school but I never had to have a locker and all that other stuff and we had much better food and scheduling. Not to mention I went to Washington D.C. for a week, which I would have never been able to do at any public school around me.

The public school I went to was much easier then the private school, education wise. But I also met a lot of cool people and good friends. I was able to broaden myself as a social person. It help me get to the way real life is, and it also made me aware. When I went to a private school I had several friends of different races, they were all polite and well mannered. They weren't dicks about shit. When I went to the public school I realize the majority of them were dicks and thought they were tough shit. They would push me out of the way and be complete dicks. But I'm not the only one in my school who had their eyes opened. I wouldn't say I'm racist, just discriminatory towards ignorant people.
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Hln. on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:52 pm

I spose at the end of the day it comes down to the person really. There are number of crap private schools, but also a number of good public ones (also some fabulous private schools and bomby public ones).

5 of my cousins (have or are) going to a public school, whereas all the others have been in private. We've all turned out ok! One of which is just about to finish vet (she went to a state school), and others have just done physio, ones working in Canada, and one of earning the big bucks in marketing for some company in melbourne - they we're privately educated though.
Miss Hln.
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top