The Music Crib!

Blink 182 (Love them or Hate them)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blink 182 (Love them or Hate them)

Post by Sykesy on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:05 pm

Im just wondering if you like them. Here "Down under" they get nothing but negetivity and they are a great band. They have great songs and are just a brilliant Punk/Pop band. Your Thoughts?

Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

View user profile http://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Blink 182 (Love them or Hate them)

Post by DeathDivine on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:08 am

I'm really starting to like you. I love most of the bands your posting about. I've liked Blink 182 since '02 or '03. Adam's Song is my song. Definitely some of the best stuff put out by them.

Btw I hope Travis Barker can get through those burns he got on that plane crash. I can't believe that happened.
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:17 am

Adams song is great, But IMO "All the small things" is there best. its catchy and has a great riff. secondly i would say "Everytime i look for you"

Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:47 am

Yeah, I'm a massive Blink 182 fan. They are one of my top three bands ever. At first the slightly whiney American singing put me off but I gradually grew to accept it and eventually like it. It fits with the track well and makes me think of the States which is somewhere I've always wanted to go. Blink have catchy songs with memorable melodies. My favourite Blink tracks would be firstly "Mutt" which is a 5 star song in my opinion, followed by "What's My Age Again?" and "Everytime I Look For You".
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique
Registration date : 2008-09-27

View user profile http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:55 am

Shady wrote:Yeah, I'm a massive Blink 182 fan. They are one of my top three bands ever. At first the slightly whiney American singing put me off but I gradually grew to accept it and eventually like it. It fits with the track well and makes me think of the States which is somewhere I've always wanted to go. Blink have catchy songs with memorable melodies. My favourite Blink tracks would be firstly "Mutt" which is a 5 star song in my opinion, followed by "What's My Age Again?" and "Everytime I Look For You".

I never get tired of "What's My Age Again?." It's one of the songs that got me into Blink 182. They need to get a reunion tour going on or something cuz I've never seen them live. Btw, just listened to "Mutt", great track I've never heard it before.
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knot on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:33 pm

Blink 182- i dont personally like them..there wannabe punk and the only good thing about them is Travis Barker
Knot
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 75
Favourite bands/Artists: : Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Slipknot, Greenday, Kiss, Metallica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:32 am

Josef wrote:Blink 182- i dont personally like them..there wannabe punk and the only good thing about them is Travis Barker

I'd definitely have to agree with you that they're wannabe punk, but I still enjoy the music so it doesn't really bother me. Blink 182, Sum 41 etc. annoy me because I do think they're wannabes punk bands but they're music is just so catchy, I can't resist.
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:58 pm

Well all of Blinks music is Mainstream punk/Pop. But Sum 41 does have some real punk music like hell song etc. But IMO Sume 41 are much better with the "Wanabee" punk sound.

Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PUDDLES420 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:59 pm

No.
PUDDLES420
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:26 am

PUDDLES420 wrote:No.

Great insight there. Thanks for that.
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique

View user profile http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pappersbit on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:15 am

I just love blink 182, they have been my favorit band for like forever Very Happy but i hate tom delong for acting like an ass when he left the band. the best song imo is all of them ;P but one of many is "aliens exist"

i hope travis barker will be OK after the burns and stuff he got, and will keep on playing

pappersbit
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 7
Favourite bands/Artists: : blink 182, anti-flag, parkway drive, suicide silence, strike anywhere
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inah on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:17 am

Shady wrote:
PUDDLES420 wrote:No.

Great insight there. Thanks for that.

Lmao.

Anyways, I've only really heard of "All The Small Things" so I can't really comment on the band. That song is really catchy though and it's a good song.
Inah
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 128

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:18 am

Thast good but check out these songs they are much better:

Mutt
Everytime i look for you
The rock Show

IMo there the best

Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:07 pm

dont realy like the band never could get into them
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:22 am

The Instant Classic wrote:Im just wondering if you like them. Here "Down under" they get nothing but negetivity and they are a great band. They have great songs and are just a brilliant Punk/Pop band. Your Thoughts?

I never even hear about them lol.

I never really got that much into their music. Of course I liked "All The Small Things" when I was like, 6, but I guess I grew up and never really was intrigued by their music enough to get any albums or listen to anymore songs.
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:44 am

I haven't really heard much from these guys, I've heard the obvious, ie All The Small Things, and I love Adam's Song, but other than that, I haven't really heard them, it's quality music from what I can tell though.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:07 am

Ah, Blink-182, always a great band to listen to. I remember starting listening to them when they first came commercially successful when I was a kid. Although I would really call them wanna be punk. They just play a different type of punk the involves more of a pop feel to it. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm not going to lie, I own every Blink-182 CD. I even had their rare illusive demo, Fly Swatter. But than you realize how terrible quality it is.

Blink-182 gets a lot of shit in America to for being to simplistic and poseurs and all that jazz. But in the end, music is music. There are no "real" and "fake" bands. What you hear is what you get.
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:24 pm

xNICKYURINEx wrote:But in the end, music is music. There are no "real" and "fake" bands. What you hear is what you get.
That is so damn well true! Very Happy

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:45 pm

I don't like them. Like it's been said earlier in the thread, they're punk wannabes. They have a few okay songs but they try too much to sound and look punk and it doesn't seem natural.

Sophie
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:18 pm

Punk wannabes? How they try to be punk? I mean, the only songs that even pretend to be punk are their early stuff. Otherwise, how are they wanting to be punk? They've pretty much wrote the same music and songs their entire career. If it isn't punk, then it isn't punk. They never tried to be punk.
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:48 am

I don't think they claimed to be punk like Green Day do, and their songs are so obviously Pop rock, so I just let them be. I do disagree with putting them in the punk section though but oh well.
Alex
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 43
Favourite bands/Artists: : Jeff Buckley, Iron Maiden, Death, Atheist, Leftover Crack, Operation Ivy, MIA, Mr. Bungle, Metallica, Slayer, Dissection, Kreator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladymahogany on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:31 pm

I like some of Blink 182's music. I'm not a huge fan but they do have some great songs. My favorite is probably I Miss You.
ladymahogany
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 14
Favourite bands/Artists: : Alanis Morissette, Matchbox Twenty, Goo Goo Dolls, U2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JHG on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:04 pm

They are okay. I can listen to some of their stuff but I never really went crazy over them.
JHG
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Blink-182 are win, because they're hip and slip lol.

Moderator!

Number of posts : 249
Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top