The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metallica or Megadeth???

+7
Inah
DeathDivine
Immortal
Headbanga
Sykesy
Kizza
Discopants
11 posters

Go down

Metallica or Megadeth??? Empty Metallica or Megadeth???

Post by Discopants Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:10 am

It's of the immortal questions this that has been debated for years.

I myself think Metallica just edges it. Simply because I find myself listening to them more than Megadeth. Their first 4 albums were amazing and while never recapturing their form they are still one of the best bands about. Saying that, Metallica have also released a lot of crap making (imo) Megadeth the more consistent of the two. Megadeth have stayed more loyal to their thrash roots too while Metallica have only just started to incorporate those elements again. But Metallica have pretty much the original line up (not counting Mustaine lol) except two bass player changes, one of which was sadly unavoidable. Yet Megadeth have had a hell of a lot of line up changes.

So considering everything I think it simply comes down to personal preference. So if they played on the same night and I was offered a ticket for both I think I would have to take the Metallica one.
Discopants
Discopants
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Metallica or Megadeth??? Empty Re: Metallica or Megadeth???

Post by Kizza Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:23 am

For me it's Megadeth.

I find their music more listenable, and I just flat out enjoy them more. I'm not saying that Metallica aren't good, which they are easily one of the best bands ever, I just think that Megadeth are that little bit better. Obviously Megadeth don't get the mainstream attention that Metallica do, which has helped bump up Metallica in status, but I believe musically Megadeth > Metallica. But Death Magnetic > United Abominations, but Youthanasia > The Black Album.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:29 pm

I really dont know how you can compare this. If were stating our own opinions then metallica for sure, but if ita in familiarity with todays society then metallica win it as well. Here is why?

You can ask anyone in the middle of the street if they know metallica and 95% or even more there gonna say yes. Megadeth would be lucky with half the people. Know i like Megadeth but they dont compare to Metallica. Its basically comparing "Enter Sandman" to "Symphony Of Destruction" we all know which one is the greater track even though there both good songs. For me metallica win this.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Headbanga Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Megadeth
Headbanga
Headbanga
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Ehh, don't like either but Metallica for "Enter Sandman" which is decent.
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:24 pm

Metallica, I just find myself listening to them more. Every album has a different sound which is what I really like.
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:20 am

The Instant Classic wrote:I really dont know how you can compare this. If were stating our own opinions then metallica for sure, but if ita in familiarity with todays society then metallica win it as well. Here is why?

You can ask anyone in the middle of the street if they know metallica and 95% or even more there gonna say yes. Megadeth would be lucky with half the people. Know i like Megadeth but they dont compare to Metallica. Its basically comparing "Enter Sandman" to "Symphony Of Destruction" we all know which one is the greater track even though there both good songs. For me metallica win this.

Why can't Megadeth compare with Metallica? They were well known as maybe some of the roots of thrash metal, they were both starting at the same time, they both play some excellent music. They can quite easily be compared. The only main difference really is that Metallica went on to become a much bigger band, but surely, you can still compare the two bands.

And I really don't feel that Enter Sandman is that greater song. I feel that they have had a couple of better songs. It's still a good song, but I don't feel that it is as good as many people say.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Inah Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:35 am

Metallica for me. I listen to them more and only know a few songs of Megadeth.
Inah
Inah
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:05 pm

I personally enjoy more Megadeth. I like Dave Mustaine's vocals much better than James Hetfield. Not to mention, I don't think Megadeth have really ever released a bad album. They're one of the few old metal bands that I still don't mind listening to. I think Metallica is over-hyped not to mention, Metallica never made a cult icon, Vic Rattlehead, like Megadeth has. Also, some of my favorite tracks off of Metallica's "Kill Em' All" were the ones Mustaine wrote. To me, for some reason, Mustaine's work just appeals to me more than anything Metallica has ever done. I enjoy Metallica but I would pick Megadeth over them any day of the week.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Metallica, I really think Megadeth is overrated
Alex
Alex
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 43
Favourite bands/Artists: : Jeff Buckley, Iron Maiden, Death, Atheist, Leftover Crack, Operation Ivy, MIA, Mr. Bungle, Metallica, Slayer, Dissection, Kreator

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:21 am

Alex wrote:Metallica, I really think Megadeth is overrated

...and Metallica isn't?
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:47 pm

i would have to go with metallica on this one because the songs i have heard by megadeth wernt that good except for angry again and sweating bullets and i like moste of metallicas work
ubane
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:37 am

xNICKYURINEx wrote:
Alex wrote:Metallica, I really think Megadeth is overrated

...and Metallica isn't?
Nope, they get bashed daily by tools jumping bandwagon. Popular does not = overrated. And the masterpiece first 4 albums of theres deserve all the credit they get.
Alex
Alex
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Favourite bands/Artists: : Jeff Buckley, Iron Maiden, Death, Atheist, Leftover Crack, Operation Ivy, MIA, Mr. Bungle, Metallica, Slayer, Dissection, Kreator

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:46 am

I laugh because in the end a band being "overrated" is purely your opinion. I enjoy Megadeth much more than any Metallica album. But if you think Megadeth is overrated and Metallica isn't, I laugh.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:47 am

Man, I love Metallica and Megadeth, but surely, if Megadeth are overrated, then Metallica have to be as well.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:51 am

Kizza wrote:Man, I love Metallica and Megadeth, but surely, if Megadeth are overrated, then Metallica have to be as well.

My views exactly. I mean, they are both legendary bands and two bands they really put thrash metal in the mainstream. They almost have the same legacy.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:52 am

I just can't get why people can't like both. It's always confused me, and I myself have copped shit for liking both. I don't understand that aspect of this "rivalry".
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:53 pm

xNICKYURINEx wrote:I laugh because in the end a band being "overrated" is purely your opinion. I enjoy Megadeth much more than any Metallica album. But if you think Megadeth is overrated and Metallica isn't, I laugh.
Metallica is more bashed then praised.
Alex
Alex
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:48 am

Well it depends who you hear from. I honestly hear Megadeth bashed more because of Dave Mustaine's crazy antics. Because of his controversy with his words on his former Metallica members and even what he said about Pantera and Dimebag Darrell before he was gunned down.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:01 pm

Kizza wrote:Man, I love Metallica and Megadeth, but surely, if Megadeth are overrated, then Metallica have to be as well.

Why would they both have to be overrated? It's soley based on individual opinion. You can think Metallica's overrated and love Megadeth or vice versa.
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

Back to top Go down

Post by Knot Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:27 am

Metallica for sure
just look at recored sales,awards, line up etc
Megadeath is wannabe Metallica
Dave Mustaine just cant get over the face he got kicked out of Metallica
Get over it dude your shit
Knot
Knot
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 75
Favourite bands/Artists: : Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Slipknot, Greenday, Kiss, Metallica

Back to top Go down

Post by Discopants Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:01 am

Knot wrote:Metallica for sure

I don't even want to go into how much shit you've just said. I'd be here all night.

A simple Shit! is all you deserve.
Discopants
Discopants
Headbanger
Headbanger

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:02 am

Damn, I wish Dave Mustaine could get over the face.

You can't call Dave Mustaine shit. I mean, he is proven to be an outstanding guitarist. He isn't that bad of a lead singer either. I mean, I don't like Metallica more than Megadeth, but I see Metallica as very talented. It's just that I personally rather pick up "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?" than "And Justice For All...", but that's just me.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Discopants Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:20 pm

And why the fuck have you said look at awards and sales!

I should go on every thread you've made and state the fact that Britney Spears has outsold most of them and won more awards. It matters not one bit.
Discopants
Discopants
Headbanger
Headbanger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum