The Music Crib!

Will There Ever Be Another Tupac / Biggie ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will There Ever Be Another Tupac / Biggie ?

Post by C-Makaveli on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:20 am

Since Pac & Biggie were killed Hip Hop has lacked juggernauts. Their talents were unmatched. Nobody could equal them. Since their passings we have had new artists come through such as Eminem , 50 Cent , Lupe Fiasco , Kanye West & The Game. Now The Game proclaimed himself as good as if not better than Pac & B.I.G , which isnt true at all. He is good , but he isnt on their level.

So the question stands , will there ever be another artist with the talent as great as Tupac and Biggie ?

I was a big fan of Lupe Fiasco , In my eyes he was the next Nas. But according to many reports he will be retiring soon.

Dre & Eminem seem to be doing good jobs at discovering new talent , 50 Cent was the shit when he first came through , so will it be them that will discover a new talent on Pac / B.I.Gs level ?

Jay Z seems to be signing more R&B singers than rappers ( Rihanha ( spell it right lol ? ) , Ne-Yo to Rocafella.

Diddy has just completely turned his back on Hip Hop to make Perfume so he is out of the question.

I believe there will be someone that comes along who will be as great as Pac & Biggie were , but its just a matter of discovering them.
C-Makaveli
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Will There Ever Be Another Tupac / Biggie ?

Post by Immortal on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:43 am

I see Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg and Eminem was superior rappers to Biggie Smalls. Notorious was class, his ability to lay down continuous layers of rhyming words was very impressive but listen to a lot of his original work and it really doesn't stand the test of time. Back then, I can understand why he was proclaimed the second best ever. His stuff was great and some of it is great today but a lot seems dated just like Eazy E. No doubt he's a legend but you wouldn't listen to his music much nowadays when you have guys like Lupe Fiasco and Immortal Technique.

As for someone equaling Pac, I can't see it happening. Lil Wayne claims it and so does the Game but they are both dreaming if they think they are even in Pac's league. Wayne is always wack in my opinion and the Game isn't much better when 50 ain't writing his songs. I doubt anyone will reach Tupac's level in my lifetime. He connected with millions on so many levels. So many classic songs and the shooting just made him bigger in the eyes of the media and made people realise how great he was.

Kanye West. I thought this guy could be in the top 3 rappers ever. His first two albums were quality, deep stuff with smooth flow and nice lyrics. Third album, Graduation, was good. Lyrics started to get weaker and he started becoming more commercial. And now all of sudden he's making crap like "Love Lockdown" with a new robotic voice. It's a great shame. I thought he was going to be on par with Jay-Z but he's ruined it now.
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique
Registration date : 2008-09-27

View user profile http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Well you see, I think Biggie and Tupac were so great is because they were the rappers making an uprising when rap wasn't all that big. They'll always be legendary in the sense they were leading the crusade of rap being on television and being widely accepted. Before them a lot of people didn't know what this music was. Everyone was listening to the bands from Seattle and then rap burst on to the scene. Obviously the two guys that happened to be the best were Tupac and Biggie so they were the ones who would go down in history as the best. It was the perfect timing and talent that they had that made them legendary. I mean, think of any legendary band? They were when the music they were playing was on top or they revolutionized a new sound. There will never be another Tupac or Biggie because it's almost all been done. But then again, that's my view on it.
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum