The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nickelback!

+8
JHG
irishjenny
Bolty B
Kizza
The Offspring
Inah
Bek
Sykesy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nickelback! Empty Nickelback!

Post by Sykesy Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:37 am

Greatest band ever!!!!

Anyway any fans. I love these guys. there is not one boring song they have ever written IMO.

Anywho here are the band members:

Chad Kroeger ~ Vocals, Guitar
Ryan Peake ~ Backup Vocals, Guitar
Mike Kroeger ~ Bass
Daniel Adair ~ Backup Vocals, Drums

Discography:

Curb (1996)
The State (2000)
Silver Side Up (2001)
The Long Road (2003)
All the Right Reasons (2005)
Dark Horse (2008)

So any fans? My favourites songs are "How You Remind Me", "Someday", "Next Contestent", "Follow You Home", Because Of You", "Photograph" and "Gotta Be somebody"
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Nickelback! Empty Re: Nickelback!

Post by Bek Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:05 am

I love Nickelback!
I haven't heard a bad song from them as yet, but "How You Remind Me", "Someday" , "Photograph" and the new one "Gotta Be Somebody" would be my definite favourites Very Happy

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Inah Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:44 pm

I wouldn't say greatest band ever, but they are really good in my opinion. My favourite song of them would have to be 'Photograph'. 'Savin Me', 'If Everyone Cared', 'How You Remind Me', 'Someday' and 'Never Again' are also awesome songs with great lyrics.
Inah
Inah
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Offspring Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:44 am

About 3rd greatest band in my list. Favorites are Savin' Me, If Everyone Cared, How You Remind Me and Too Bad.

Thanks TIC for intoducing me to them and making me download all those songs Razz

The Offspring
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:33 am

Can't stand Nickelback. Not my style really. Don't find them listenable, and I really just can't like their music. One of those bands where I would change the song or switch it off if one of their songs ever came on.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:00 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:Greatest band ever!!!!

Anyway any fans. I love these guys. there is not one boring song they have ever written IMO.

So any fans? My favourites songs are "How You Remind Me", "Someday", "Next Contestent", "Follow You Home", Because Of You", "Photograph" and "Gotta Be somebody"
Ahahahahahahahaha. Please tell me you are joking.

Nickelback suck donkey balls IMO, Chad Kroeger sounds like he has had surgery on his throat and the only quarter-decent songs they ever did were still crap. Sorry, but that's my own opinion.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 249
Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:02 pm

Says the guy who listens to Pet Shop boys and Wham Rolling Eyes

BTW! chads voice, That sound you here is called Rock. its a current genre of music which has a heavy beat and usually backed up by a bass guitar an electric guitar and drums Very Happy
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:06 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:Says the guy who listens to Pet Shop boys and Wham Rolling Eyes

BTW! chads voice, That sound you here is called Rock. its a current genre of music which has a heavy beat and usually backed up by a bass guitar an electric guitar and drums Very Happy
Oh yeah I love this potential flame war here lol.

On-topic, I do like rock. I listen to a lot of rock, like Bruce Springsteen, Beatles, The Police, Queen, and even a bit of Aerosmith. But I just can't understand the appeal of Nickelback, I think that "Photograph" "How You Remind Me" and their other hits is terribly over-rated.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Beatles are contemporary anyway...

Bruce springsteen is known for one song, Queen and Aerosmith are great bands. I respect the police and Beatles but im not a fan.

IM not comparing Nickelback to The Beatles or The police cause Of course they would lose. But nickelback shit over someone like bruce springsteen.

They are so good IMO cause they cut the shit. I was watching an interview on some canadian show and the host asked there thoughts on drugs and daniel adair stated " If you take drugs which are major like ice then you can fuck off, We smoke pot on occasion but as do all rock stars". That is cut quote perfectly and thats cutting the shit.

A Part of one song by nickelback called animals goes:

"Your beside me ont he seat, got your head between my knees and you control how fast we go by just how hard you wanna squeeze. Its hard to steer when your breathing in my ear, I got both hands ont he wheel while you gott both hands on my gears".

No matter the meanign of the song, These guys can paint a picture with there lyrics. They are sow ell written and the music is so diverse even though the vocals are evry similiar sounding.

Cant say the same for George michael and his little faggy friend who made WHAM!
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:23 am

Nickelback shit over Springsteen? I've gotta disagree with that.
It's just my opinion, and I like both of them, but Springsteen is far surperior. And only known for one song? Well, you may only know one song of his, but he's definitely known for more than just the one. Dancing In The Dark, Born To Run, Born In The USA and I'm On Fire, are all amazing songs, and are known worldwide.

Like I said, it's your opinion that Nickelback is better, and I respect that, but in mine, Springsteen is far superior.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by irishjenny Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:05 am

I love Nickelback, too. Met the band here and there. I'm looking forward to the new album.

This here is the new album cover:

Nickelback! K89hdIuzYxM-pm5FhzITiEW2l1bgnXWhV3z

And that's the official track list:

1.Something In Your Mouth
2.Burn It To The Ground
3.Gotta Be Somebody [ listen/comment ]
4.I'll Come For You
5.Next Go Round
6.Just To Get High
7.Never Gonna Be Alone
8.Shakin' Hands
9.S.E.X
10.If Today Was Your Last Day
11.This Afternoon
irishjenny
irishjenny
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 2
Favourite bands/Artists: : Sixx:A.M., Nickelback, Hinder, Motley Crue, Three Days Grace, Theory Of A Deadman and more
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/irishjenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:48 am

If I had to choose any Nickelback, it'd have to be their older stuff, cos that was harder.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.

Back to top Go down

Post by JHG Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:08 pm

I don't who wouldn't be a Nickelback fan. They have so many great songs... there is just something about Chad's voice that makes the songs that much more powerful. Love 'em
JHG
JHG
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:51 pm

JHG wrote:I don't who wouldn't be a Nickelback fan. They have so many great songs... there is just something about Chad's voice that makes the songs that much more powerful. Love 'em
I hate Nickelback, and I've already turned my dad (who is a big music fan) against them. Plus I know quite a few people who hate them. Very Happy

Btw, Chad sounds like he has cancer! Razz
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:37 am

How can your vocal chords be changed by cancer, They only get weaker and if you havent noticed Chad actually has strong vocals Rolling Eyes

Secondly doesnt your dad listen to The Pet shop boys. if he does then well id be more worried about listenign to them then nickelback
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:28 am

The Instant Classic wrote:How can your vocal chords be changed by cancer, They only get weaker and if you havent noticed Chad actually has strong vocals Rolling Eyes

Secondly doesnt your dad listen to The Pet shop boys. if he does then well id be more worried about listenign to them then nickelback
His favorite band is Supertramp. He loves them.

Plus Pet Shop Boys vs. Nickelback is a fruitless argument, let's go to Prince vs. Nickelback! Very Happy
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:58 am

Ha Ha Ha, Yeah sure. Wes till know nickelback shit over that freak. NOBODY likes prince lol
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:07 am

The Instant Classic wrote:Ha Ha Ha, Yeah sure. Wes till know nickelback shit over that freak. NOBODY likes prince lol
Alright then...

Prince's 1984 album "Purple Rain" has been certificated Platinum 13 times, and is considered one of the best albums of all-time.

Nickelback's 2007 album "All The Right Reasons" has been certificated Platinum 7 times, and is considered a below-average to average album by music critics alike.

And did I mention that Prince has made a film, and also has had more success (and more talent then all members of Nickelback combined Razz) then Nickelback? AND he has fans of all audiences, compared to Nickelback's, which is mainly filled with teenage kids?

PWNED.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:49 pm

How am i PWNED. 7 times platinum in 3 years is beyond amazing. Its been nearly 25 years for that fag Prince. Secondly his movie "Purple Rain" sucked Ass and it even won a razzie. So yeah i suggest you read all the details hey.

Secondly so what if prince has had more success. he started in the late 70s
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:31 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:How am i PWNED. 7 times platinum in 3 years is beyond amazing. Its been nearly 25 years for that fag Prince. Secondly his movie "Purple Rain" sucked Ass and it even won a razzie. So yeah i suggest you read all the details hey.

HOMO-PHOBE *clap clap* HOMO-PHOBE *clap clap* Razz
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:05 am

The Instant Classic wrote:How am i PWNED. 7 times platinum in 3 years is beyond amazing. Its been nearly 25 years for that fag Prince. Secondly his movie "Purple Rain" sucked Ass and it even won a razzie. So yeah i suggest you read all the details hey.

He isn't talking about Nickelback there Laughing
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Knot Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:10 am

These dudes rock, got so many hits its crazy these dudes need more reconition
Knot
Knot
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 75
Favourite bands/Artists: : Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Slipknot, Greenday, Kiss, Metallica
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:02 am

Knot wrote:These dudes rock, got so many hits its crazy these dudes need more reconition
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they don't.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar666 Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:49 am

Nickelback are great i had tickets to see them live but unfortunately i didnt go because i was ill.

Guitar666
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:45 pm

Man that sucks. There mean to have some fo the greatest concerts to date.
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next