Back to top Go down

Re: tool

Post by Alex on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:19 pm

I hate this band with a passion
Alex
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 43
Favourite bands/Artists: : Jeff Buckley, Iron Maiden, Death, Atheist, Leftover Crack, Operation Ivy, MIA, Mr. Bungle, Metallica, Slayer, Dissection, Kreator
Registration date : 2008-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:23 pm

I don't really like Tool but I think they're so overrated. Like people worship everything they do. Not to mention, the magazine a subscribe to, Revolve, always has special Tool things. It's so annoying. They recently released a all Tool special edition Revolver. Not to mention anytime they come out with a new CD they are always on the cover. I don't mind their music, I mean, I don't have any of their CDs because they never appealed to me.
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:36 am

I like one or two of their songs, but like Nicky, I find them too to be hugely overrated. I can't see how any of their songs are musical masterpieces really.
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 pm

dude you guys suck
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:17 am

Oh no, God forbid a difference in opinion!
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:48 pm

yea thats fucked up
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:15 am

I enjoy A Perfect Circle so much more. Maynard has an amazing voice but most of Tool's stuff is just to...epic. Like having warrior drums and all these sorts of instruments. It makes them unique but it's just too complicated for me. I like simply songs that are catchy. Although, I do think several of their songs are fantastic. Those are mainly any of the singles. Otherwise, listening to an entire album is almost like a mental workout for me. I hate really really long songs that loose their edge. Most of Tool's albums have at least one song on the album were that is the case.
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:39 pm

xNICKYURINEx wrote:I enjoy A Perfect Circle so much more. Maynard has an amazing voice but most of Tool's stuff is just to...epic. Like having warrior drums and all these sorts of instruments. It makes them unique but it's just too complicated for me. I like simply songs that are catchy. Although, I do think several of their songs are fantastic. Those are mainly any of the singles. Otherwise, listening to an entire album is almost like a mental workout for me. I hate really really long songs that loose their edge. Most of Tool's albums have at least one song on the album were that is the case.

YEA THEY HAVE ALOT OF LONG SONGS WITCH CAN GET ANNOYING SOME TIMES BUT THERE SHORTER SONGS ARE PRITY GOOD
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cindy on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:02 pm

yeah some of their songs are just...too long! but all their singles are really good songs!
Cindy
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 18
Favourite bands/Artists: : Godsmack, Mudvayne....
Registration date : 2008-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:04 pm

Lol, I'm not in love with the band, but there's a handful of songs that I have on my ipod. They do have some pretty lengthy songs though.
Melissa
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 14
Favourite bands/Artists: : Mudvayne, Disturbed, Godsmack, Metallica, Pantera
Registration date : 2008-10-22

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/godsmack_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:35 pm

I love a lot of their singles. I'm actually currently downloading their discography. It may stay in my library, maybe not......stay tuned lol.

P.S. Schism is their best song
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more
Registration date : 2008-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:28 pm

Tool is amazing! I've been really listening to them the past week and i love them. The annoying filler tracks are the only thing that I don't like. I'm sure they have some kind of meaning but it's not enjoyable to listen to at all. I actually think 10,000 Days is their best album. In addition to the great singles, "Wings for Marie" and "Right in Two" are awesome after a couple listens.
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more
Registration date : 2008-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top