The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dark Knight

+4
Bek
C-Makaveli
DeathDivine
sassymay
8 posters

Go down

The Dark Knight Empty The Dark Knight

Post by sassymay Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:24 pm

who else here loves this movie?! I waited all summer to see it and my parents finally took me to see it on my birthday. It was rather long but so awesome. Heath Ledger is the bomb.
sassymay
sassymay
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 28
Favourite bands/Artists: : Goo Goo Dolls, Nickelback, Nirvana, Lifehouse, The White Stripes, Puddle of Mudd
Registration date : 2008-10-03

http://www.myspace.com/sweetcharade0

Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Empty Re: The Dark Knight

Post by DeathDivine Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:19 pm

I saw it three times. Loved it the first time and second time...wanted to shoot myself on the third go.
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Makaveli Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:35 pm

Ive been a '' Movie Geek '' ever since I watched Jurassic Park for the first time. I have seen hundreds , maybe even thousands of films and my top ten list of great movies featured only the best of the best. Before I went to see The Dark Knight , this is how my top ten looked.

1. Gangs of New York
2. The Godfather
3. Scarface
4. Goodfellas
5. Road To Perdition
6. The Lord of The Rings : The Return of the King.
7. Star Wars : A New Hope
8. Independance Day
9. Jurassic Park
10. Man On Fire

After I watched The Dark Knight this is How it looked.

1. The Dark Knight
2. Gangs of New York
3. The Godfather
4. Scarface
5. Goodfellas
6. Road To Perdition
7. The Lord of The Rings : The Return of the King.
8. Star Wars : A New Hope
9. Independance Day
10. Jurassic Park

It is in my eyes the greatest film ever made. Its the second most successful movie of all time , loosing out to a film about a Big Boat sinking. But still The Dark Knight is in a league of its own.

The thing that made this movie was Heath Ledger. Now I know people believe that TDK only did so well because of his death , and yes that proberly did contribute towards ticket sales , but it was the fact that he had taken one of the greatest movie villians ever created , thrown it out of the window , and created this character that was more terrifying than the first. In the end this role of The Joker , cost Ledger his life. The mental state he was left in after the role finally caught up with him , it sucks beyond belief but it has happened.

His performance as The Joker is oscar worthy. Infact the only way I could ever think of awarding Ledger for this role would be to take every Best Actor oscar ever given , melt it into one giant oscar and then present it to his family.

The Dark Knight was amazing because of The Joker , but it was also amazing because of its storyline, Every main character had a storyline going that tied in with plot of the film.

Batman / Bruce Wayne : Saw a way out of acting as Batman through Harvey Dent. But when The Joker arrived he was pushed to his limit to save his city. Bruce wanted to give up Batman to be with Rachael which ultimately cost her life.

The Joker : Had a quest to take control of Gotham City and to do that he needed to take out Batman to get the mob on his side. He was always one step ahead and knew exactly what he was doing.

Harvey Dent : The White Knight of Gotham and Batmans ticket out of service. But when his love's life was in danger he took action into his own hands. After the death of his girlfriend at the hands of The Jokers goons , The Joker easily manipulated him into seeking revenge , causing Gothams White Knight to fall.

Comissoner Gordan : Intent on bringing down the mob but at the same time wanting to take down The Joker alot of his decisions backfired when Dent got involved which led to Dent holding his family hostage.

Rachael Dawes : In love with two different men that were bothing fighting for the same cause. Once The Joker learned that Dawes and Batman had a bond he used her to get to him , which ended in her death and the destruction of Harvey Dent.

Alfred The Butler : First started out telling Batman to take it easy before pumping him up to take down The Joker. Also kept a secret from Bruce Wayne concerning Rachael which would have caused Bruce more pain after her death.

All these storylines tie into the fact that The Joker is tearing Gotham City In half.

If you havent seen this film , then ive just spoilt most of it for you. But you need to see this film before you die.
C-Makaveli
C-Makaveli
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Bek Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:03 am

I LOVED this movie. It's easily the best one of the year, and yes, I think Heath's death may have contributed to ticket sales a bit, but overrall, c'mon, it's a Batman movie, it was gonna do well either way.

Bek
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 351
Favourite bands/Artists: : Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Pink Floyd, Brooks & Dunn, The Eagles, Billy Joel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by NIRVANAPLAYER Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:31 pm

I saw it twice. It was AWESOME!!!! I even found a "movie masters" detailed Joker figure. I know they're kinda hard to find, so i feel kind lucky. But overall, I loved the movie. I actually heard that the video game for it is going to release around the time that the dvd comes out.
NIRVANAPLAYER
NIRVANAPLAYER
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 117
Favourite bands/Artists: : nirvana, slipknot, green day, stone sour, system of a down, scars on braudway, soundgarden, and a whole bunch more...

https://www.youtube.com/IMABLEACHER

Back to top Go down

Post by Inah Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:40 pm

Definitely one of my favourite films of all time. I've liked the other Batman films, but I've never really been a 'fan' of them. The Dark Knight is different though. I've seen it on theatres and I was gobsmacked, literally. It's easily the best film of the year and probably the best for the last few.
Inah
Inah
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Makaveli Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:59 am

NIRVANAPLAYER wrote:I saw it twice. It was AWESOME!!!! I even found a "movie masters" detailed Joker figure. I know they're kinda hard to find, so i feel kind lucky. But overall, I loved the movie. I actually heard that the video game for it is going to release around the time that the dvd comes out.

As for a Dark Knight video game , I believe it is more rumour than fact. There had been talks to do it but it was never created. But there are a few Batman Games coming out.

Batman : Arkham Asylum is one , but it sucks because they have used Jack N's Joker instead of Heaths. Heres a screenshot.

The Dark Knight Batmanjoker

The other Batman game is Batman Lego .... Dont get too excited.
C-Makaveli
C-Makaveli
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:54 am

Ir feels like I've replied to a Dark Knight topic at least ten times so I'm just going to say this: Christian Bale was one dimensional and average, Heath Ledger was phenomenal and that ain't me believing the hype as I went into the film skeptical, and overall, the film was very, very good. Top ten of all-time? Yes.
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:52 am

Bloody brilliant movie. Heath really took the role of the Joker well and played it to perfection. Easily his best performance. Too bad he can't be in the next one for his unfortunate death. Christian Bale also played Batman pretty well, but it was all about The Joker really. Probably the best movie I have ever seen.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down