The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long road back from injury for Tiger

Go down

Long road back from injury for Tiger Empty Long road back from injury for Tiger

Post by Sykesy Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Tiger Woods expects it will take another 18 months before he fully recovers from the left knee surgery that he underwent in June even though he will be back competing sometime next year.

The 32-year-old Woods elected to have the cruciate ligament surgery after he won the US Open at Torrey Pines, California - his 14th victory in a major and four short of Jack Nicklaus's all-time record.

It was his ninth win in 12 official events in 2008 and he had hoped to be back in action again early in the New Year.

But although the operation has been successful, Woods has insisted he will not rush back to competition before it is fully healed.

In a news article on his website Woods said he would not be able to swing a golf club until January at the earliest.

"Over the next 18 months (the knee) will gain 100 per cent strength, so it's a two-year process," said Woods.

"The healing process for an ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) is six months. No matter what I try to do, I can't speed up that process. That puts me into January. Unfortunately, I can't rotate, I can't practise on that leg until then."

Source: WWOS!
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum