The Music Crib!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib!
The Music Crib!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nirvana

+13
Kizza
xNICKYURINEx
pappersbit
sassymay
ubane
NIRVANAPLAYER
Lady X
Knot
Inah
Immortal
DeathDivine
Sykesy
AlreadyDead3152
17 posters

Go down

Nirvana Empty Nirvana

Post by AlreadyDead3152 Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:32 pm

I know there HAS to be fans out there.
I particularly like the stuff off of Nevermind and In Utero.
Discuss.
AlreadyDead3152
AlreadyDead3152
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Nirvana Empty Re: Nirvana

Post by Sykesy Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:49 pm

Ohh yeah im a fan. Preferably Dave but they were a great band. my favourite songs would have to be "territoral pissings", "Lithium" and "Smells like teen spirit". Just one thing, am i the onyl one that foudn them to be a one album wonder
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1192
Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

https://themusiccrib.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:38 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:Ohh yeah im a fan. Preferably Dave but they were a great band. my favourite songs would have to be "territoral pissings", "Lithium" and "Smells like teen spirit". Just one thing, am i the onyl one that foudn them to be a one album wonder

.....Yes lol. Which one did you think was the "wonder?"
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 262
Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:52 pm

Nevermind of course
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Favourite bands/Artists: : Nickelback, Fall out Boy, A7X, Hinder, The Offspring, The All-American Rejects, TOAD, SOAD, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, KsE, HELLYEAH, Mudvayne and a crap load more.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:03 pm

The Instant Classic wrote:Nevermind of course

Wasn't sure. Some people really dig "In Utero" but not Nevermind. Gonna have to disagree. Some great tracks on In Utero.

Dumb
All Apologies
Rape Me (my favorite)
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Favourite bands/Artists: : Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Tupac, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, All That Remains, Arsis, Pig Destroyer, Nightwish, Red, Scar Symmetry, Tool, As I Lay Dying + way more

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykesy Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:06 pm

Yeah i never said i dislike those songs but have you noticed what album has the "Hits". Thats why i said one album wonder thats all
Sykesy
Sykesy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathDivine Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:10 pm

Yeah i feel ya
DeathDivine
DeathDivine
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:39 am

Yeah, Nirvana are great. I really like their unqiue brand of mainstream grunge and Kurt Cobain was such an enigma. "Come As You Are" and "Heart Shaped Box" remain my favourites but "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is classic.
Immortal
Immortal
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 268
Favourite bands/Artists: : The Libertines, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Less Than Jake, The Killers, Eminem, Nas, Redman, Dre, Oasis, Lupe Fiasco, Jamiroquai and Immortal Technique
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://wgx-the-rebirth.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inah Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:36 am

I think that Nirvana are awesome. My favourite song of them would have to be Smells Like Teen Spirit. I also like All Apologies, Come As You Are, You Know You're Right, Heart Shaped Box, Drain You and others.
Inah
Inah
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Knot Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:14 pm

LOL,mhhm nirvana......a great band which really had a infulence on a lot of people......dave grohl is a wonderful drummer one of mi fav of all time....kurt was unusal but talented....but if kurt was still living nirvana would have gone down the tude and would have had no succes at all then there would be no foo fighters which would also be a dissapointment as they have done soo well and we would not no all of daves talent
Knot
Knot
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 75
Favourite bands/Artists: : Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Slipknot, Greenday, Kiss, Metallica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady X Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:48 am

I love a lot of Nirvana songs:

-In Bloom
-Rape Me
-All Apologies
-Heart Shaped Box
-Smells Like Teen Spirit
-Come As You Are
-About A Girl
-The Man Who Sold the World
-Drain You
-On A Plain
Lady X
Lady X
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Nirvana Empty NIRVANA!!!!!!!

Post by NIRVANAPLAYER Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:56 pm

Yea, I'm a fan too! I used to be an EXTREEEEEMLY hardcore fan, but recently, I've been leaning twards slipknot. But you have no idea of how many tabs i printed out by them. Probubly about every song. Theres a few that I'm still not so familier with. But their still a great band. Funny thing is, I was born on the exact day that kurt killed himself. It kinda makes me feel a connection to the band. Peace out nirvana fans, and keep things grungy!
NIRVANAPLAYER
NIRVANAPLAYER
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 117
Favourite bands/Artists: : nirvana, slipknot, green day, stone sour, system of a down, scars on braudway, soundgarden, and a whole bunch more...
Registration date : 2008-10-01

https://www.youtube.com/IMABLEACHER

Back to top Go down

Post by ubane Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:19 pm

i like where did you sleep last night and rape me
ubane
ubane
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by sassymay Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:38 am

I'm a huge Nirvana/Kurt fan. Smile personally, In Utero was their best cd, Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle and You Know You're Right, IMO, are some of their best songs. Anyone read the Come As You Are Nirvana biography? very good book. I got it for Christmas about 2 years ago, couldn't put it down.
sassymay
sassymay
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 28
Favourite bands/Artists: : Goo Goo Dolls, Nickelback, Nirvana, Lifehouse, The White Stripes, Puddle of Mudd
Registration date : 2008-10-03

http://www.myspace.com/sweetcharade0

Back to top Go down

Post by pappersbit Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:29 am

nirvana was probably my first favorite band Very Happy is it just me that loves "on a plain" ?

pappersbit
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 7
Favourite bands/Artists: : blink 182, anti-flag, parkway drive, suicide silence, strike anywhere
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Nirvana is probably one of my favorite bands of all time. I don't care how overrated they are or what anyone has to say. I've always enjoyed Nirvana and around 7th grade I really started getting into them. I own atleast 12 books on either the band in general or Kurt Cobain and I own all their CDs, even their singles collection. To me, Nirvana are one of those bands that has never made a bad song.

Now someone mentioned them being a one album wonder, I personally enjoy all their albums. I mean, on their first album they have "About A Girl", not to mention "Floyd the Barber", "School", "Love Buzz", and "Negative Creep". Nevermind of course comes in with almost every track being a hit, but it's definitely not my favorite. Insecticide is worth picking up just for the rarity tracks on it and the only studio recorded version of "Aneurysm". In Utreo, my personal favorite, has all the hits, "Heart Shaped Box", "Pennyroyal Tea", "Dumb", "Rape Me", "All Apoligies".

Nirvana seems like a band I can always listen to. Not many bands have that factor for me and it's very rare for me to like a band like that. But something about Kurt's voice, his simple catchy guitar playing, Dave Grohl's fantastic drumming, and even Krist Novoselic's wonderful bass grooves. Everything about Nirvana is enjoyable for me.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizza Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:16 am

Nope, I just can't like them. I just find it really difficult to enjoy their music. But then again, as a whole, I don't really find the grunge genre listenable. Smells Like Teen Spirit is a highly overplayed/overrated song though.
Kizza
Kizza
Mainstream Hopeful
Mainstream Hopeful

Number of posts : 391
Favourite bands/Artists: : Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Slipknot, Black Tide, In Flames, Scars On Broadway, 5 Finger Death Punch, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Dope, Metallica + shitloads more.
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by xNICKYURINEx Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:18 am

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" is probably my least favorite Nirvana song.
xNICKYURINEx
xNICKYURINEx
Global Moderator!
Global Moderator!

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.myspace.com/xnickyurinex

Back to top Go down

Post by Knot Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:23 am

Yeaaa Greatest Band Eva
One album wonder but still good
nevermind was one of the greastest albums eva
Dave is the best drummer
Kurt is a messed up legend
Knot
Knot
Headbanger
Headbanger

Number of posts : 75
Favourite bands/Artists: : Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Slipknot, Greenday, Kiss, Metallica

Back to top Go down

Post by Wouldyakindly Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:09 pm

Hardly a one album wonder.

Ok nevermind is as an album, unbeatable, but In Utero has just as many classic tracks, if not with quite as high quality throughout (I'm looking at you, Tourettes and Radio friendly unit shifter). As for bleach, it's pure visceral grunge punk, which has its own appeal and Incesticide has some of their greatest works (Aneuryism, sliver and been a son could easily have replaced tracks on nevermind in my opinion). So nirvana are anything but a one album band and if you think that you need to give the other albums a listen and see what I mean.

Anyway, Nirvana are as close to a favourite band as i'll ever get, for good reason and anyone who says they're overrated obviously has very skewed ideas about what aspects of "good music" is. Nirvana is pure psychotic anger from the mouth a genuinely troubled man, accompanied by minimalist (yes, MINIMALIST) punk guitar work and a highly energetic and powerful rhythm section.

Kurt may have been a severely messed up man, but he made beautiful music and the relative success of foo fighters is living proof of just how much talent existed in that band alone.

Wouldyakindly
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by NIRVANAPLAYER Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Yea, i used to read a lot of books about them too. They were just one of those bands that were really interesting. I've kinda passed over them now, but i still listen to them every now and then.
NIRVANAPLAYER
NIRVANAPLAYER
Indy performer
Indy performer

Number of posts : 117
Favourite bands/Artists: : nirvana, slipknot, green day, stone sour, system of a down, scars on braudway, soundgarden, and a whole bunch more...
Registration date : 2008-10-01

https://www.youtube.com/IMABLEACHER

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua.2009 Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:49 pm

I would have to say that Smells Like Teen Spirit is easily one of my favorite song.
Joshua.2009
Joshua.2009
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 38
Favourite bands/Artists: : Linkin Park
Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://www.myspace.com/joshuabanks2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Kliff Kobain Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:09 am

Oh yeah man, Nirvana are my favorite band and In Utero is my favorite album ever.

1. In Utero!
2. Nevermind
3. Bleach

1. You Know You're Right
2. Scentless Apprentice
3. Lounge Act

Kliff Kobain
Music Fan!
Music Fan!

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolty B Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:23 am

Kurt Cobain is an enigma, but Nirvana are by far one of the most overrated bands ever. Smells Like Teen Spirit is an incredibly overrated song.
Bolty B
Bolty B
Moderator!
Moderator!

Number of posts : 249
Favourite bands/Artists: : Prince, Michael Jackson, New Order, Joy Division, The Clash, George Michael, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder, The Smiths, Morrissey, Oasis, Van Halen, Guns 'N' Roses, Blink-182

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down